Animation and Algorithms

Paulie

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Do animations still get less favored and less recommended by the algorithm even if the watch time and upload frequency are in check? Say you're making 10 - 12 minute animations and upload 2 times a week?

What is your experience?
Really curious about this one...

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think they have changed the algorithims now to benefit people who have good retention rates. and 2 times a week is a good upload schedule, so you should be fine.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
As someone who uploads whiteboard animations, I have no complaints. This is the first time I'm hearing animations being less favoured.

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I thought (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that the issue with animation channels was that for some who create more advanced animations by hand it takes them 2+ weeks to get a new animation out - so the YouTube algorithm doesn't favour their channel because they have such a low upload frequency.

2x a week though is fine so you shouldn't have any issues.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

Paulie

Reaction score
Hey, Thank you All for the replies! Let me say that I only heard about the possible issues, I have not experienced them, so I hope I didn't confuse anyone with my question... I have never uploaded anywhere ever. Planning now... Thanks again for sharing your experiences!