Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yeah every second would be way too much but 10-15 seconds wouldn't be near as dizzying. you could still crop and zoom in on your face as you make a facial expression in your story. or have a further back camera angle as well if your someone that talks with there hands a lot as you kind of animate your story.

when i watch tv or a movie i tend analyze all there edits. say there is just a conversation 2 people walking and talking for 50 seconds, there is probably 3-4+ camera angles one on each persons face one 1 or two more distant angles. and maybe one that shows both of the people. and in that 50 second conversation there may be 20 cuts.

so just because its a story time does not mean it has to be just one angle stationary camera. and even if all your using is one camera there is still things you can do with that post edit to mix up the visual a bit.

if you did story times you may even try doing them in different places with different back ground surroundings maybe in a park or by a river or your back yard.
I usually do skits so I have to do different angles in my videos, but sometimes I will do storytimes and I will zoom in on certain facial expressions. But usually when I sit down and talk it’s about getting bullied and I don’t want overdramatize it because it doesn’t seem to genuine on a serious topic like losing a friend to suicide I prefer too keep the camera at one angle with no background music. Some YouTubers who do add some dramatic effects got hate for editing their video like that for example Shane got hate for his editing talking about sociopaths making it overdramatized over a serious topic. If it’s a funny storytime or a not serious one than I will switch up the angles, I personally don’t want to do that when I’m talking about losing a friend to suicide or struggling with my body image videos because I want to keept real and I feel like If I zoom in on me crying in a video all over my friend passing away it looks like I’m trying to make money on that situation or I planed on crying for the views or something so those videos need to be filmed with me sitting on my couch talking once on one with viewers about those serious topics. When I’m not filming series videos I’m definitely switching up the angle and settings for special effects. Most of my funny storytimes I’m doing a skit demastrating what happened, but in my serious video I feel like that would look terrible when talking about a friend who died

Reactions: Ezrider92356

HollyInTheSky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Really good advice, but changing the camera angles works for certain videos not every type of video if it was a sit down storytime type of video you don’t want to change the camera angle if it’s not necessary I’ve seen some YouTubers do this with some there storytime videos where they have different angles of their face every second and I had to click off because it made feel dizzy
That is true, I completely agree with you. I wouldn't do a video where everything is constantly changing every few seconds, that would definitely annoy me!

Reactions: Courtney Candice