NWBroadcasting

Hi all!

I've been an editor for about 6 years now and a YouTuber for about 7 months. I've always been asked about my editing style for my videos and what programs I use. As I said, I'm new, so I may be doing thumbnails wrong as to I'm not a still designer, but I have a workflow now.

Here is what I use:

Thumbnails - Photoshop
Motion graphics - After Effects
Final editing - Premiere Pro (Yes, I'm an Adobe fan obviously)

I also get asked if I use templates a lot... Everything I make, I make from scratch. Not to speak ill of templates though, there are great templates out there you can purchase to give a high-quality look to your content. I know videohive has some great ones and a variety to match your content.

If anyone is looking to get started editing, I would recommend the above programs personally. I've always used them and they have always been great!

I must say im a growing Adobe fanboy, i used photoshop and now i use Premier pro for editing but yet to try After effects.

I downloaded the free trial yesterday so i must have a little look :)

I must say im a growing Adobe fanboy, i used photoshop and now i use Premier pro for editing but yet to try After effects.

I downloaded the free trial yesterday so i must have a little look :)

Adobe caught me by surprise. I didn't realize I was a fanboy until I typed this post haha. The programs just work together so well. Adobe CC has come a long way and After Effects has gotten a little easier to work with. I definitely recommend AE, you can basically do everything but full-blown 3d rendering.

yeah I been using adobe for everything, their creative cloud is just too convenient now.. I wouldn't really even think of using another video editor haha

I have been using Adobe products since Macromedia Flash MX about a decade ago now lol.
Never stopped loving them.
After Effects is amazing
Premiere is amazing
It really is worth all the money in my opinion

yeah I been using adobe for everything, their creative cloud is just too convenient now.. I wouldn't really even think of using another video editor haha

No way! I tried using iMovie and Final Cut and it is just not me... Too confusing. Premiere and After Effects is where I feel at home. :)

I have been using Adobe products since Macromedia Flash MX about a decade ago now lol.
Never stopped loving them.
After Effects is amazing
Premiere is amazing
It really is worth all the money in my opinion

It really is the best. I spend $30/monthly for the whole CC suite and it's worth every penny.

I just use Premier Pro at the moment and PicMonkey for my thumbnails - I really want to start using Photoshop but I just can't afford it at the moment :( I haven't dabbled much in After Effects, only a couple of times when I was at Uni, but once I get Photoshop I will probably get After Effects as well. I'm glad you're finding it useful :) this is definitely going to push me to get the software when I can :D

I just use Premier Pro at the moment and PicMonkey for my thumbnails - I really want to start using Photoshop but I just can't afford it at the moment :( I haven't dabbled much in After Effects, only a couple of times when I was at Uni, but once I get Photoshop I will probably get After Effects as well. I'm glad you're finding it useful :) this is definitely going to push me to get the software when I can :D

I feel like Photoshop and After Effects go hand-in-hand. There's so many quick edits I would make with Photoshop and adjust within my AE composition. Definitely worth checking out the trial! :)

Back