Adsense on YouTube & Blogger

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I started off with a blog. I applied for adsense and got it. Then I started my YT channel, and I "thought" I linked the two together. I'm starting to question whether my YT channel is actually linked or not.

I tried googling how to find out your YT Ad's success rate using adsense and such but I'm not seeing anything. Then I tried googling how to link the two and it only tells me how to from YT adsense to Blogger, not the other way around...

Anyone experience this?

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Go and open your Youtube channel

video Manager > Channel > Monetization > click on "Review or change AdSense association"

Then apply for adsense account or link it to an existing one. Wait for approval.

Reactions: Sk Jony

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hmm yeah it says its linked. Is there a way to view on adsense your blogger ads vs youtube ads?
Adsense display ads only in one hosted account (either youtube or blogger). The only way you can have ads in both is to upgrade your account from a Host Account to a standard Adsense account. i.e. you need a top level domain for your blogger domain in order to convert it into s standard website address. then you can display ads anywhere, including blogger which will be no longer called "blogger". Otherwise, you can have two separate hosted adsense accounts.

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Adsense display ads only in one hosted account (either youtube or blogger). The only way you can have ads in both is to upgrade your account from a Host Account to a standard Adsense account. i.e. you need a top level domain for your blogger domain in order to convert it into s standard website address. then you can display ads anywhere, including blogger which will be no longer called "blogger". Otherwise, you can have two separate hosted adsense accounts.
When I was trying to figure out what was going on, that is exactly what I learned.. and it confuses me!!!! I initially had ads on my blog (third party), and then made youtube (sponsored)... When I go to apply for an upgrade it basically gives me the option for another third party website.. Not Youtube. Thats where I am confused. Can you help me upgrade for my youtube to be included?

Also, when I monetize my videos, since I am "partnered," have I been making what the estimated revenue that is listed in my analytics from YouTube? Because I have received google cheques. I'm now wondering if it was 100% from my blog.

Sk Jony

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yes....you can earn both side from AdSense like blog/YT. You can also check your all statics earning data from AdSense report opt.

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I was trying to figure out what was going on, that is exactly what I learned.. and it confuses me!!!! I initially had ads on my blog (third party), and then made youtube (sponsored)... When I go to apply for an upgrade it basically gives me the option for another third party website.. Not Youtube. Thats where I am confused. Can you help me upgrade for my youtube to be included?

Also, when I monetize my videos, since I am "partnered," have I been making what the estimated revenue that is listed in my analytics from YouTube? Because I have received google cheques. I'm now wondering if it was 100% from my blog.
If want to upgrade your hosted adsense into standard one. You need to hire a new top level domain address from domain providers (Third party website). It costs usually 1 dollar per month. There are lots of providers for domain names. Here is one example.

uk.godaddy.com/domains/domain-name-search.

Once you hire the domain. you will need to enter new domain details into your adsense during the upgrade process. So the "third party" term in adsense means your new website address that is rent from a third party website (domain provider).

However, i dont see any value to hire a standard domain address just in order to see your (youtube+blogger) earnings within one adsense account. You can have two free hosted adsense accounts and save 12 $ per year.

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
However, i dont see any value to hire a standard domain address just in order to see your (youtube+blogger) earnings within one adsense account. You can have two free hosted adsense accounts and save 12 $ per year.
Okay.. So just sent up a new Adsense? Under a different email? Since Blogger is a Google brand it's the same email as my YouTube.. does that matter? (Sorry I'm a newb when it comes to the technical side of YouTube / Adsense).

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay.. So just sent up a new Adsense? Under a different email? Since Blogger is a Google brand it's the same email as my YouTube.. does that matter? (Sorry I'm a newb when it comes to the technical side of YouTube / Adsense).
Unfortunately yes. You need to have new google account for one of them (Youtube or blogger). But you have to shift the contents of one of them into the new account. i think it is easier to re-upload your YouTube videos into the new one but you will gonna loose your views as you will start from the beginning. Good Luck.[DOUBLEPOST=1476705277,1476704519][/DOUBLEPOST]or maybe you can save a full copy from your blog and re-upload it into the new account. This is much easier and will save your youtube views and subs as well.

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Unfortunately yes. You need to have new google account for one of them (Youtube or blogger). But you have to shift the contents of one of them into the new account. i think it is easier to re-upload your YouTube videos into the new one but you will gonna loose your views as you will start from the beginning. Good Luck.[DOUBLEPOST=1476705277,1476704519][/DOUBLEPOST]or maybe you can save a full copy from your blog and re-upload it into the new account. This is much easier and will save your youtube views and subs as well.
Okay.. so basically all the money i've earned is from my blog and my YT then???

If I have a second administrative email attached to my blog, can I delete my adsense and switch it to that email, and keep my actual email to reapply for YT adsense? Why does google make this so difficult :l