Adobe Premiere Elements 15 Vs Premiere Pro Subscription

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello everyone,

I have been and am currently using Premiere Elements 13 on a Surface Pro 3 (dual core i5 with 8 GB RAM). However, watching the playback while editing can get so sluggish, freezing and dropping frames, to the point of wanting to throw the thing across the room. Forget 60fps, there is no way. Also, the device gets so hot you could possibly literally burn yourself.

So, instead of continuing to risk frying my tablet, I purchases a desktop with a quad-core i7 and 16 GB of RAM. All my issues with sluggish playback have disappeared (at least with 1080p 30fps content) and I am happy. However, I am considering getting a subscription to the Adobe Creative Cloud so that I can use Premiere Pro because of something I heard.

Now I don't think I *need* Premiere Pro by any means. I think Elements is very capable. But I heard that Pro uses something call GPU acceleration that will assist even more in smooth playback and fast rendering. I also have heard that the editing power with regard to effects is unsurpassed as well. But, I'm just a vlogger/ranter/reviewer, so my need for power is really small. My taste for power.... well, that's another story, lol.

Has anybody made the jump from Elements to Pro and considered it a great decision?

The monthly payment would exceed what I earn on YouTube, at least for now. But, money isn't an issue, and I don't mind dropping it on new toys, such as a new PC and a Sony RX100 V - my current camera of choice.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

- Robert Angle

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Problem here is that if you don't need it, don't spend the extra money on it. I have an old version of Premiere before it became a monthly subscription. I think either one works fine, but I wouldn't personally spend the extra money unless I needed it. I'm a bit of a bargain hunter.

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah I can understand that. So far, the new PC is doing the trick. But if I start editing longer videos or higher frame rates and it starts to bog down again it'll make me twitch, lol :D