3 Years, 750 Subscribers! What's Wrong?

Pedro Nascimento

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello to all of you, I have been trying to figure it out by myself but I was not able to find out.
I have been trying everything that I know, I got a lot of advice from a lot of people here in this forum, it helped me a lot but still it is too hard for me to get subscribers.

I have been working out hard on improving sound and video quality, thumbnails, titles, video composition as well as myself talking to the camera. I made a lot of improvement since I started and I think my YouTube channel is not that bad.

I literally have no clue on what to do anymore, I know that there is something I am missing, I just don't know what.
Please can any of you just tell me what am I missing?

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have been working out hard on improving sound and video quality, thumbnails, titles, video composition as well as myself talking to the camera. I made a lot of improvement since I started and I think my YouTube channel is not that bad.
In those 3 years how much money have you spend on promotion of your channel ?

Pedro Nascimento

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In those 3 years how much money have you spend on promotion of your channel ?
If have spent money on equipment, and trips around the world.
Do you mean spending money in advertisement in order to promote the channel? I haven't spend any. But does every small channel have to spend money in advertisement? I always believed that if you have good content you will grow, but now also is true as well that even if you have good content, if nobody finds it you will not grow.
Could you share some examples where I could find those ways to promote my channel? Because I really have no clue. The only thing I do is share it on Facebook, help the channel with an Instagram page and I have a blog as well about the channel.

It's still hard to believe that small channels have to spend money on advertisement. Good quality content should be enough :)

AprilGranelli

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think these days its more about using social media to share your videos so you can reach more people with your content. You can have the best content in the world but if no one is sharing it then you'll never get new subs :/ I would suggest looking at a marketing strategy to extend your audience reach :)

Reactions: Pedro Nascimento

J-Hill

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I just watched your Phi Phi video, it was really really good. I think there was a comment and it made sense to me, you made a good comment in a related channel. Keep doing that and build an audience. Also change your video on your page that people see on arrival, I am assuming it is old but it just doesnt feel as good as the Phi Phi one I watched. Other than that I dont know why you arent getting more traffic dude your channel is really well put together and nice. I like the concept the banner is good the name is good. I think a gateway video of something crazy or weird happening in one of those cities would be really good. Especially if you could get some friends to share it around.

J-Hill

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Other than that I dont know why you arent getting more traffic dude your channel is really well put together and nice. I like the concept the banner is good the name is good. I think a gateway video of something crazy or weird happening in one of those cities would be really good. Especially if you could get some friends to share it around.
I just figured it out, your instagram doesnt push your channel enough and isnt as branded. You need to be pushing out amazing content on both platforms. If you have an Iphone I suggest you download UnUm it is an editing and scheduling app for Instagram and will help you figure out the best tags to use and when to upload your pictures. When you have a great travel instagram you can push people to your channel with links and stuff.

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If have spent money on equipment, and trips around the world.
Do you mean spending money in advertisement in order to promote the channel? I haven't spend any. But does every small channel have to spend money in advertisement? I always believed that if you have good content you will grow, but now also is true as well that even if you have good content, if nobody finds it you will not grow.
Could you share some examples where I could find those ways to promote my channel? Because I really have no clue. The only thing I do is share it on Facebook, help the channel with an Instagram page and I have a blog as well about the channel.

It's still hard to believe that small channels have to spend money on advertisement. Good quality content should be enough :)
You spend so much time on YouTube but still you don't know much about it. Do you know how many videos are uploaded each minute? Google it, as I am sure it has increased few times since the last time I check.

Why I am asking this? Well it will show you why your videos are being lost and hard to find for others, which means no or low views amounts, again which means no or low amount of new subs.

For promotion I would suggest three options: Buy shoutouts from bigger channels, buy advertisement directly from popular facebook/instagram/twitter group or pages and last ADWORDS.

Because the first two are a bit more complicated as you have to do everything yourself for starters I would suggest a bit more expensive approach but newbie friendly which is ADWORDS.

Create adwords campaign for your video (google it if you do not know how to do it) you will pay around 0.05 per view. Make sure to select your best video that has cool intro as viewers will only see first 5 seconds of the video and if they will like they will continue watching it, you will only pay for it, if they watch more than 5 seconds and don't skip your add.

Set daily budget of 10$ and run it on Monday - Tuesday, you will get around 1000 views per day on that video and if viewers will like your content they will subscribe, you looking at gaining 2-5% of subs from your views. Also for your adwords campaign you can select who you want your ads to show and what should be their interests . For example travel.

Pedro Nascimento

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just watched your Phi Phi video, it was really really good. I think there was a comment and it made sense to me, you made a good comment in a related channel. Keep doing that and build an audience. Also change your video on your page that people see on arrival, I am assuming it is old but it just doesnt feel as good as the Phi Phi one I watched. Other than that I dont know why you arent getting more traffic dude your channel is really well put together and nice. I like the concept the banner is good the name is good. I think a gateway video of something crazy or weird happening in one of those cities would be really good. Especially if you could get some friends to share it around.
I will keep doing that checking other channels and proper comment on them.
You are totally right about the arrival vídeo is quite old, and believe I already have the script done at home, I just need to film it, I making now a comitement that it will be out maximum until 10 of next month.
I have some friends on Facebook that share it but not many, maybe less than 10.
Thanks a lot for the feedback, you reminded me about the arrival video thanks for that.[DOUBLEPOST=1494867374,1494867032][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just figured it out, your instagram doesnt push your channel enough and isnt as branded. You need to be pushing out amazing content on both platforms. If you have an Iphone I suggest you download UnUm it is an editing and scheduling app for Instagram and will help you figure out the best tags to use and when to upload your pictures. When you have a great travel instagram you can push people to your channel with links and stuff.
I have to agree with you on that! My Instagram I started because I wanted to have more ways of advertising the channel but I never paid much attention to it. I know now that I have to make that account great in order to push people into the YouTube channel.
I have an iPhone and I'm gonna check that app now, cause if I am able to schedule the posts that would be perfect because I'm always flying around with crazy timings.
Thanks a lot again![DOUBLEPOST=1494867847][/DOUBLEPOST]
You spend so much time on YouTube but still you don't know much about it. Do you know how many videos are uploaded each minute? Google it, as I am sure it has increased few times since the last time I check.

Why I am asking this? Well it will show you why your videos are being lost and hard to find for others, which means no or low views amounts, again which means no or low amount of new subs.

For promotion I would suggest three options: Buy shoutouts from bigger channels, buy advertisement directly from popular facebook/instagram/twitter group or pages and last ADWORDS.

Because the first two are a bit more complicated as you have to do everything yourself for starters I would suggest a bit more expensive approach but newbie friendly which is ADWORDS.

Create adwords campaign for your video (google it if you do not know how to do it) you will pay around 0.05 per view. Make sure to select your best video that has cool intro as viewers will only see first 5 seconds of the video and if they will like they will continue watching it, you will only pay for it, if they watch more than 5 seconds and don't skip your add.

Set daily budget of 10$ and run it on Monday - Tuesday, you will get around 1000 views per day on that video and if viewers will like your content they will subscribe, you looking at gaining 2-5% of subs from your views. Also for your adwords campaign you can select who you want your ads to show and what should be their interests . For example travel.
300 hours of video uploaded every minute! WOW!!!
Man!!! There is a lot of information in your comment here. This is so good! Thanks a lot!
I will have to go through it a couple of times cause this advertisement thing is quite new for me, but for sure I will be using those three suggestions you gave me, I will add as well collaborations, well, I will try to add if anybody wants. Thanks again[DOUBLEPOST=1494867997][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think these days its more about using social media to share your videos so you can reach more people with your content. You can have the best content in the world but if no one is sharing it then you'll never get new subs :/ I would suggest looking at a marketing strategy to extend your audience reach :)
I am sharing and using social media but I guess I am not using it on the right way or not putting enough effort on that part. But I got some advice here from other members that I will put on to work and I hope that in a couple of months will give me the boost I need.

Reactions: AprilGranelli

silverwolfer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
Side question.

Haveyou thought if licensing your footage to various travel/documentary channels ? Your stuff would make mint as background footage for stuff like getty images.

Pedro Nascimento

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Side question.

Haveyou thought if licensing your footage to various travel/documentary channels ? Your stuff would make mint as background footage for stuff like getty images.
What do you mean by licensing? Can you explain more about it and how to do it?