2 youtube copyright strikes - What happens next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

unknown_user890475

I received 2 copyright strikes within about a month of each other on my channel last year.
I post game plays without commentary and I got a strike from activision for a gameplay and another for a Japanese game which had some copyrighted artwork in it.

The first one happen last year in July and the second one soon after in August.
So the first one should have expired by now but hasn't and the second one will expire early next month.

I have seen various answers from youtubers and other forums that if you get a second strike while you have a strike then things get suspended for a couple of weeks but that never happen. I have also heard that the strikes won't expire because I got a second strike while I already had one strike. I also heard that I will have to wait for the first strike to finish before the second strike's six months starts meaning will have to wait a total of a year before both strikes disappear.

So I haven't found any real information about what actually happens. Does anyone actually know when strikes will expire IF you get a second strike while you already have a strike?
Does anyone out there have experience with this?

Thanks for your comments in advance.

As far as I know after each copyright strike you will have to wait 6 more months for the strikes to disappear. What this means is that if you have per-say 1 copyright strike from the day you got that copyright strike you have to wait 6 months for it to go away. Say you are 1 month before it goes away then you all of a sudden get a 2nd copyright strike. Then you will have to wait 6 months from the time you got the 2nd one for them both to go away. The time on the first one no longer matters.

I don't really have any knowledge on strikes as i've never had one, but i'd highly recommend playing it safe if you currently have 2.

Your 6 months timer for the first strike is practically wiped in most cases. When you get 2 strikes usually the second one will expire after 6 months but the first one will stay for another 6 months, a year, two years, it really varies for everyone.

As far as I know after each copyright strike you will have to wait 6 more months for the strikes to disappear. What this means is that if you have per-say 1 copyright strike from the day you got that copyright strike you have to wait 6 months for it to go away. Say you are 1 month before it goes away then you all of a sudden get a 2nd copyright strike. Then you will have to wait 6 months from the time you got the 2nd one for them both to go away. The time on the first one no longer matters.
Yeah I would've thought the first one would've just gone away when it expired but I guess like you say it must stay around until the second one does which in my case will be early next month so I'll just have to wait and see. Lets hope.
I don't really have any knowledge on strikes as i've never had one, but i'd highly recommend playing it safe if you currently have 2.
Nah. Can't be bothered with that s**t. ;)

Thanks for the replies everyone.

You try to contact the publisher that strikes you? I myself got copyright strikes *2 strikes* but it was removed 'cause I contact the publisher of that particular game and ask for retraction. I ask them nicely and said that will never upload that footage again XD

You try to contact the publisher that strikes you? I myself got copyright strikes *2 strikes* but it was removed 'cause I contact the publisher of that particular game and ask for retraction. I ask them nicely and said that will never upload that footage again XD
Yeah I emailed them before I started this thread and have heard nothing back from both publishers. It is ok. The second strike finished early next month.

My best advice is to leave that channel and start a new one. That channel is damaged goods for the next six months.

When I get one strike I don't f**k with it anymore.

There's a chance the people who you're dealing with are strict on copyright and uploading their content isn't worth it.
hehe yeah I know what you mean. I did start up a new channel but I am sure you know what it is like starting up a channel. Takes time to build up and so on but anyway I did it and it is slowly getting there but I jsut can't keep my hands off my main one.
Anyway lets hope I don't have to wait too long before all the strikes are gone.

If you have one strike on your channel it will expire in 6 months but if you get another one during the same time period it will become permanent. This doesn't apply if you have one community strike and one copyright one. I previously had a copyright and community strike coexisting but the community expired and now I'm just waiting for the other to expire.

This is an extremely helpful video on the subject: youtube. com/watch?v=nuTHhtCyzLg
Thanks for the link. I really enjoyed watching it and he has a lot of good points but he doesn't quite explain the same situation I am in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back