2 youtube copyright strikes - What happens next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hybridame

Reaction score
I got one strike one moth ago, but I can still monetize my videos, does it mean I'll still get earnings ?

(The only thing I can't do anymore is to use the "Unlisted" option when I upload)

U

unknown_user890475

I got one strike one moth ago, but I can still monetize my videos, does it mean I'll still get earnings ?

(The only thing I can't do anymore is to use the "Unlisted" option when I upload)
I can't say for certain because each situation is different but yes should be able to earn revenue but your network or YouTube can at any time stop it.[DOUBLEPOST=1392727036,1392726576][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and to answer my own question. I emailed YouTube to confirm some details about the strikes as one strike had finished and was removed from my channel and then the second strike's expiry date came and passed but still hadn't been removed.

Anyway this was the reply I got from them

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. As you had an additional copyright strike during the six-month-period of the first strike, the current strike does not expire in 6 months. Now it is scheduled to expire on 08/02/2014 but this is only if you have no additional copyright strike during the 6-month-period.

Please refer to this online resource:
link to the google copyright page.
The strike will expire as long as you complete Copyright School and receive no additional copyright strikes during those six months.

Sincerely,
The YouTube Team

So that is it. If you get a 2nd strike while you have a strike already then the 2nd strike's six months period doesn't start until the 1st one's six months has ended.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.