2 different game genres conflicting should i start a separate channel?

Brad Wilkinson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My channel is gaining subscribers regularly because of 1 particular game (game 1) I feature. However I have a strong 'interactive' following for another game (game 2). I suspect game 1 lovers are unsubscribing because of frequent game 2 posts. Also I don't think game 2 videos are getting shared on youtube because the algorithms are saying that most of my subscribers aren't watching those videos so therefore they must not be good?

What should I do?
Should I start a new channel and only post game 2 videos to that one and perhaps just create a playlist linking to the 30-something 'game 2' videos on my main site? Or perhaps download and re-upload the game 2 videos to the new site, but with 0 views, likes or comments?
I'm worried I'll lose the game 2 followers if they don't subscribe to the new channel and there'll be some confusion between the two sites when people interact with original site videos and new site videos. Plus I'll have to keep changing accounts to reply to comments depending on which channel they were placed on. Game 2 videos are comment heavy, as a feature of the videos.
I'd appreciate any feedback anyone has on this. I suspect it's a reasonably common issue for youtubers to encounter, mixed content, but I can't find any discussions after searching google for help.

Brad Wilkinson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
One game I do tutorials on but the other I'm playing for the first time, being told how to play by the subscribers. Very different videos. I'll give it some more thought. Thanks for replying Jack.