16 mi

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
They don't owe you anything. You just stole someone's content and uploaded it. They have been very generous with 3 T-shirts instead of a strike.

Reactions: babyteeth4

Mrcartoon

Reaction score
Fact is they ask me to not take the video offline and if I do they lose a profitable side income..

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
lol this thread made my day "i stole content and uploaded it, why am i not getting paid" this is next level, sorry to sound harsh but come on! its not your video! you illegally uploaded content and they rightly so get the money THEY deserve for it. just be grateful you still have a channel!

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You guys are amazing! Come on, when I read they send him 3 t-shirts I wanted to laugh so hard. I would be more than happy if someone takes my content and take it into millions of views to share money even 50 - 50%. If they have on the original channel also many views it will be fine to send you nothing, but if your video is having more interactions then I would say you definitely deserve something for that good marketing. You people are so negative with the comments. Try to be more realistic if you are in his situations. I would also expect something.
Example to clear your heads even more: Amazon, Aliexpress, and all big players will give you around 8% of each sale if somebody buys some item over your link. That is natural because they sell more than they would sell without you. Same applies to these musicians, they became more famous because of him uploading their music, maybe they will not be discovered soo much without that his upload. People pay to advertise on youtube, and they got a super good advertisement on youtube and they are sending 3 (THREE) t-shirts. Amazing how some people are greedy.

Reactions: Mrcartoon

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You guys are amazing! Come on, when I read they send him 3 t-shirts I wanted to laugh so hard. I would be more than happy if someone takes my content and take it into millions of views to share money even 50 - 50%. If they have on the original channel also many views it will be fine to send you nothing, but if your video is having more interactions then I would say you definitely deserve something for that good marketing. You people are so negative with the comments. Try to be more realistic if you are in his situations. I would also expect something.
Example to clear your heads even more: Amazon, Aliexpress, and all big players will give you around 8% of each sale if somebody buys some item over your link. That is natural because they sell more than they would sell without you. Same applies to these musicians, they became more famous because of him uploading their music, maybe they will not be discovered soo much without that his upload. People pay to advertise on youtube, and they got a super good advertisement on youtube and they are sending 3 (THREE) t-shirts. Amazing how some people are greedy.
It would be different if they asked him to do it and agreed on a price beforehand. Maybe it would be smart business for the company to offer some better incentive for him to keep the video up so they can continue to make money off it. But they certainly don’t have any obligation to do so.

Reactions: Mrcartoon

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No one's being negative, we're actually the ones being realistic here. If you stole the Mona Lisa and displayed it in someone else's gallery and millions of people come to see it, you wouldn't deserve a portion of the proceeds, because guess what, you still stole the Mona Lisa, and it's not even your gallery. You'd also be punished for theft.

Same logic applies here to putting up someone else's video on YouTube. It's not like the re-uploader is adding a service or transforming the work. Anyone can re-upload, it takes no particular skill and it's the stolen video that's driving the vast majority of the traffic to the channel.

Reactions: Crown and Loki Doki

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
They gave you 3 t-shirts. I would've given you nothing and pushed to have your account terminated. You don't just steal copyrighted material and then assume just because it got a lot of views on YouTube you automatically deserve a portion of the income. You did nothing. They're not obligated to give you anything more.

Reactions: Crown