YouTube's new Community posts.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
After applying some months ago for early preview beta of YouTube's new community tab, yesterday I received access to it and I very much like it. It replaces the old discussion tab where only text messages where possible. Now the channel manager has it like a social network feed with the possibility to add videos, animated gifs, pictures, polls etc.
From the e-mail:
Here are a few ideas for your first post:
Post a poll
Post a poll: Ask viewers to help with ideas for your next video.

Tease your next video
Tease your next video: Post a GIF of the best moments.

Pull back the curtain
Pull back the curtain: Give your audience a behind-the-scenes look at your channel with exclusive making-of photos.
I've posted a video to test and it received several hundred views already and a comment that was held for review, which I approved. So if you have some video that you think is not getting enough attention, the community tab is an easy way to promote it after it is published.

After the failed attempt to integrate Google+ to YouTube, I think this new community tab is a step in the right direction, especially with the option to poll viewers about your next videos and see what is voted most, right on YouTube, With the correct usage it can replace the need for external social networks. It's better to keep YouTube stuff on YouTube, including the social networking.
Your thoughts?

I dunno what I think of it yet. Since nobody seems to use it.
It's in early beta, available to few selected channels and I was happy to be one of them. I think the bigger channels may have it already. I don't know how it works for the viewers and subscribers, since I am not subscribed to myself, but as I wrote, I already saw good results by posting a video, so it reaches the audience (the subscribers). Once YouTube finished testing it, they will allow it to everyone.

It's in early beta, available to few selected channels and I was happy to be one of them. I think the bigger channels may have it already. I don't know how it works for the viewers and subscribers, since I am not subscribed to myself, but as I wrote, I already saw good results by posting a video, so it reaches the audience (the subscribers). Once YouTube finished testing it, they will allow it to everyone.

Hmm sounds good. I hope it's better than G+

I wish they would release it already. They've been testing it over a year now. I'm looking forward to it and I think it could really help my channel. There are things I want to post, but not do full videos on.

It'll be interesting to see if this ever gets past the beta stage. I don't know that YouTube should necessarily get into the social community business, as it's far more difficult to monitor in terms of content, and they're already struggling with keeping advertisers happy. But we'll see!

That sounds really good! I still have the 'discussion' page (which honestly, I never understood.. I feel like it's never been used)
I'm looking forward to everyone getting this!
Although I hope they don't go toooo far down the 'social media' type, like twitter/facebook because I like YouTube as it is... A video sharing site, if it just ADDS to that them I'm happy!

Back