• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Youtube Video Sponsorships | November Sponsorships now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeXHD

Chilled Dude
Reaction score
So here`s my thing--> I want you to sponsor this video:
It is from my new chanell, for which I also created YTTalk account, but has less than 50 posts jet:(
Hope it still counts:)
Anyway It is a "Dumb Ways to Die" audio remake, which is not copyright protected(not any third party content found.)
So yeah....if I will be the chosen one, than contact me on this YTTalk account.
I think what you`re doing is great.

Reactions: Oscar (CPS) Feliz

peanutbutter1234Zz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes unless you want to risk a copyright infraction. I don't want to deal with "Why am i sponsoring copywrited content either". you can get a minecraft license deal, Contact their support at minecraft.org. Same thing with any other gamer. Why don't you guys try making deals directly with the game companies?
https://minecraft.net/brand Here is the minecraft site, and it basically says by buying the game you are buying a license to the game and I bought the game.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/13s7rj/how_do_you_get_a_minecraft_license/ also, here's is a post I made to Reddit asking people about the license thing and they replied saying the same thing as the minecraft site.[DOUBLEPOST=1353961459,1353961382][/DOUBLEPOST]
It is from my new chanell, for which I also created YTTalk account, but has less than 50 posts jet:(
Hope it still counts:)
Anyway It is a "Dumb Ways to Die" audio remake, which is not copyright protected(not any third party content found.)
So yeah....if I will be the chosen one, than contact me on this YTTalk account.
I think what you`re doing is great.
My mom's advertising company made that commerical :smug:No Joke!!! it's McCann Erikson

Reactions: Oscar (CPS) Feliz

Oscar (CPS) Feliz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@KeXHD - That was very funny lol good luck :D
@penutman - Yes I reviewed it on my own as well, Minecraft videos are welcome :) Good luck bro!
Your mom's Adv Comp made the original piece? that's awesome dude!

To Everyone: The sponsorship program will be closing for the month of November in a FEW HOURS!!! I am SOOOOO Surprised that I didn't get as many videos as I expected.

Those Who submitted: Well this is good news for you! because it only improves the chances of YOUR video being selected! Good luck everyone!

watermelonR0Fl

Lord of the Melons
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
In the end we decided to go with the latest of our Red Dead series. We felt that it is representative of where we are as a channel right now, and is of appropriate content, humour and length to be considered for sponsorship by CPS.

Oscar (CPS) Feliz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lmao!!! CHARGE!! - My only concern is: Do you have the rights to use the game content? as good as this is, if you don't I don't want to risk sponsoring copywrited content.

watermelonR0Fl

Lord of the Melons
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I did some hunting over this last night to try and be sure that we could legally submit a video for this. In this case, I had a look at an email from Take Two and also Rockstars EULA. I'm still looking for the email, but here is a relevant part of the End User License Agreement

USER CREATED CONTENT: The Software may allow you to create content, including but not limited to a gameplay map, a scenario, screenshot of a car design or a video of your game play. In exchange for use of the Software, and to the extent that your contributions through use of the Software give rise to any copyright interest, you hereby grant Licensor an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fully transferable and sub-licensable worldwide right and license to use your contributions in any way and for any purpose in connection with the Software and related goods and services, including the rights to reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, perform, display, publish, broadcast, transmit, or otherwise communicate to the public by any means whether now known or unknown and distribute your contributions without any further notice or compensation to you of any kind for the whole duration of protection granted to intellectual property rights by applicable laws and international conventions. You hereby waive any moral rights of paternity, publication, reputation, or attribution with respect to Licensor’s and other players’ use and enjoyment of such assets in connection with the Software and related goods and services under applicable law. This license grant to Licensor, and the above waiver of any applicable moral rights, survives any termination of this License.

So what I'm taking from that is Rockstar have the right to take it down if they so chose, but they have allowed for this type of footage to be used. It is not a monetized video either. However, all this is quite confusing, so if you can make heads or tails of this without having to dig through sources it would be nice to know.

At the end of the day neither one of us want to get copyright warnings, and I've linked 2 more sources than I could find for Black Ops 2. If our video is still viable we would love to have the chance to be sponsored. If not then us at Watermelonr0fl will have at least learned abit more about the rights behind games, and can look into being able into obtaining the necessary materials.

Edit: Found the email. https://productforums.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/youtube/qCEdGBw0yJo

Oscar (CPS) Feliz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
including the rights to reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, perform, display, publish, broadcast, transmit, or otherwise communicate to the public by any means whether now known or unknown and distribute your contributions without any further notice or compensation to you of any kind for the whole duration of protection granted to intellectual property rights by applicable laws and international conventions. You hereby waive any moral rights of paternity, publication, reputation, or attribution with respect to Licensor’s and other players’ use and enjoyment of such assets in connection with the Software and related goods and services under applicable law. This license grant to Licensor, and the above waiver of any applicable moral rights, survives any termination of this License.
Works for me, Thanks and good work![DOUBLEPOST=1353978698,1353969607][/DOUBLEPOST]Four Hours left before we stop accepting new entries! Hurry up if you don't want to miss this opportunity!

Oscar (CPS) Feliz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for submitting, but you have to choose your best one, If not we'll only review the first one. (One video per person) Also you don't have 50 posts on the thread, so, if you don't in 3 hours you wont be considered...[DOUBLEPOST=1353990041,1353981566][/DOUBLEPOST]40 minutes left *******![DOUBLEPOST=1353994049][/DOUBLEPOST]November Sponsorships are now Closed! - A new thread will be created with the winning persons and their videos! Thank You all who participated.

This thread will be re-opened December 20th for December Sponsorships.

Status
Not open for further replies.