youtube is getting over run by gamers

Well yeah I spent a whole day filming my first let's play. But there's no writer's block/writing session with a let's play. You just pick a game and film, talk while you play it. This isn't as easy as it sounds, but it's not as hard as other things. Creating an idea from nothing is alot harder to get started than letting something like a game pull commentary out of you. Not to mention not everyone works hard on their gaming channels. Some do though and they can be really entertaining to watch :)[DOUBLEPOST=1375315082,1375315039][/DOUBLEPOST]

muhahahaha I have all your thoughts on a floppy disk!!!
True, like I said it IS easier. I just think gamers should not be judged by the others. It makes it hard for us when people think we are all just alike. I have seen the difference between someone who puts work into it and someone who just says 'I'll record, put NO commentary in it, I won't edit it, I'll just upload.' I'm not directing this towards you Symph, or anyone else here, It's more towards the people who think gamers suck and shouldn't be on YouTube...... I've actually seen quite a few on YouTube who think this. Maybe I should be a ranter.....

I wouldn't program you to think you were me sheesh. I'd program you to make me lattes and stuff.

Well alright then! Sheesh
tumblr_lt71cdbYoO1qii6tmo1_400.gif

Well yeah I spent a whole day filming my first let's play. But there's no writer's block/writing session with a let's play. You just pick a game and film, talk while you play it. This isn't as easy as it sounds, but it's not as hard as other things. Creating an idea from nothing is alot harder to get started than letting something like a game pull commentary out of you. Not to mention not everyone works hard on their gaming channels. Some do though and they can be really entertaining to watch :)[DOUBLEPOST=1375315082,1375315039][/DOUBLEPOST]

muhahahaha I have all your thoughts on a floppy disk!!!
You have no idea how many videos I have not uploaded because I didn't think they were good enough.

True, like I said it IS easier. I just think gamers should not be judged by the others. It makes it hard for us when people think we are all just alike. I have seen the difference between someone who puts work into it and someone who just says 'I'll record, put NO commentary in it, I won't edit it, I'll just upload.' I'm not directing this towards you Symph, or anyone else here, It's more towards the people who think gamers suck and shouldn't be on YouTube...... I've actually seen quite a few on YouTube who think this. Maybe I should be a ranter.....

Well honestly Radical some of the older non gamers left when the gamers started pouring in because they felt they didn't belong or weren't talented or something. I was one of the people who thought they weren't talented too I just wasn't going to be like "I can't be on a site with you untalented hacks!!" lol

But I've learned alot about the genre since then, for the people trying to do it well it's not a piece of cake and it does take time and effort. It's still a genre though that anyone can do really. Well maybe not ANYONE. But more people can game than can play guitar or come up with a talking point for every week or write out a new skit every week etc. Gaming is something most people CAN do. Whether or not they do it well is another story.

Back