YouTube is Competitive - Step Up!

Same goes for cheap ploys like 'sub 4 sub' and 'like 4 like', etc. All you will have is a growing number of dead subscribers. You could have 10,000 of these but it won't boost your video rankings and people will be able to tell. (Same goes for video botting, it's remarkably obvious when someone has bought video views that are not legit).
It's not just people who'll be able to tell but also the (mysterious) YT algorithm that is apparently all about watch time these days. Plus of course you can get banned if something smells of bot.

Stern but very true!
I recently began rebranding my channel with new art and editing software and my sub/views have escalated rather well :)

I've always found that channels that stay small, stay small because they're either doing YouTube for all the wrong reasons, or they don't have the drive to put their blood sweat and tears into it day in and day out, or they get discouraged so easily by slow growth, dislikes, or criticism they flat out fizzle out and give up.

Channels succeed because the people behind them have a goal, have inspiration, have the will to plow through the mess of millions of years worth of videos in front of them to put their message out there despite the fact it may take a year or two or six.

The fact of the matter is, if you're doing YouTube because you wanna be famous... stop. Bad mentality to have. It won't work. For money? Again. Stop. Bad mentality. If you can't take criticism or break down from dislikes, you shouldn't be doing it. If you'd rather spend your paycheck on a weekend out drinking vs doing things like upgrading your system, getting a better mic, software etc... then you're obviously not fully invested in your channel either. This is why I see most channels fail. They're all aiming for some impossible dream world where YouTube makes them millionaires or the next PewDiePie that doesn't exist and when they inevitably don't get there... they're done.

It is indeed a battle field out there on YouTube. You need to be fully prepared to face it head on despite everything against you or you'll die out mid way through. :p

Back