YouTube Growth Guide

Good guide and the 3rd suggestion "Enthusiasm" is an underrated tactic to help your channel succeed. With audience retention playing a role in the suggested video rankings, your ability to keep people engaged without having knowledge they cannot get anywhere else is a crucial aspect that many new YouTubers miss.

I stumbled onto how important bringing a lot of energy to my videos was when looking at some analytics and overall audience responses from certain videos. One in particular, but the idea stuck. While I would not suggest going overboard, as is stated in this guide, I have kind of found a formula that works for me personally.

Since the initial response came from me simply commentating and playing a game, I can't reproduce those situations or scenarios for an entire video and one a day to boot. However, I have learned to act and play a character that is me, just me in a really good mood.

This was not easy for me to learn, and even when practiced it's a pain in a** to find a way to talk all happy like for 20+ minutes right after you have fight with a girlfriend or whatever the situation may be. It takes a lot out of me to do, but it is worth every bit of the effort.

That makes those videos when I am in the particular mood I am emulating, so easy and fun. I don't even know if this is going to make sense to yall, but it's what I do, and I know it has been a big factor in my quick growth. It's also usually the first bit of advise I give a new content creator that has linked a video for me to see.

Learning to talk fast, be happy, enthusiastic, and to basically make the video seem that much more epic on command is something I will always be learning, will never perfect, but will strive to do in each and every video.
That is such a good point! Thank you for talking about it!

Back