YouTube Growth Guide

metrokenshin

"Title goes here"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Before I start the list I just wanna say that these are the most typical tips and some are just added by me.
1.Networking

-The most important one as a smaller channel.

-Don't chain message bigger youtubers, you want to try to contact youtuber of kind of the same size group.

-The
Collaborations & Meet Up forum is really good for the matter most of the time.

-One way you can do it is also by boxing eachother.

-Do it by making a video that makes sense to your subscribers don't just make a shoutout of eachother that is not a valid option if you want to make loads of networking.

-Find people who make the same kind of content to network with.

-Be sure their audience would actually be intrested in your content.

2.Interaction

-Interaction is always going to be a key feature of your youtube channel be it with a big or small youtuber.

-You want to get intact with your subscribers by replying to their comments. The one day when they see your video pop up on their subbox and they remember you replying to their comment there is a higher chance of them coming back.

-You can also do this on social media but it's easier to do it in the comments especially when you are still in the 0-500 subscriber territory.

3.Enthusiasm

-Everybody always mentions it in their guides but for a good reason nobody wants to watch a 30 minute video of you half of the time being silent and making a lackluster uninspiring intro and ending the video without notice.

-The enthusiasm shows that you enjoy doing what you are doing. It has the same effect in any other thing in life. If you are enthusiastic so are your viewers.

-Don't be fake enthusiastic. You can kinda fake this sort of great mood but don't shoot it over.

4.Get professional.

-It's completely okay to start youtube with your moms own laptop and your awful headset that your dad got of a conference with his company, as long as you don't leave it there that is. If you want to do youtube full time you wanna put all your effort and resources into first get a better mic. Then get a better computer slowly upgrading your equipment as your videos quality goes higher.

-You want a good rendering program which of probably the best are: adobe premiere and final cut. (from general opinion])

-HD is nowadays a must no question.

5.Don't rush it.

-You don't need to upload 5 videos a day to get noticed. One video a day a week or heck two weeks or even a month is enough if your channels type fits that kind of genre. For let's plays I reccomend at least one video in two days and for review channels one in two weeks.

-If you want to make a high effort video it's also important not to rush it down to make it the best video it can be.

6.Do what you enjoy.

-Just because PewDiePie or Tobygames is massively successful with Let's Plays doesn't mean there isn't space on youtube for your strange league of legends/Fifa matchup with hard work edited video. If you enjoy doing content like that DO IT!

7.Never give up. Never stop.

-Even though it might take you a year or two or even three to reach 1000 subscribers doesn't mean you're bad.
-If you pursue anything with determination and detication eventually it will come to you.

If you guys have anything to tweak or suggest leave it in the comments.

ProfKranc

Voice actor and Film-maker here to help :-D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Woop woop! Always welcome the advice. Thanks for making this thread man, no doubt it will be helpful :)

Reactions: metrokenshin

Andyy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Before I start the list I just wanna say that these are the most typical tips and some are just added by me.
1.Networking

-The most important one as a smaller channel.

-Don't chain message bigger youtubers, you want to try to contact youtuber of kind of the same size group.

-The
Collaborations & Meet Up forum is really good for the matter most of the time.

-One way you can do it is also by boxing eachother.

-Do it by making a video that makes sense to your subscribers don't just make a shoutout of eachother that is not a valid option if you want to make loads of networking.

-Find people who make the same kind of content to network with.

-Be sure their audience would actually be intrested in your content.

2.Interaction

-Interaction is always going to be a key feature of your youtube channel be it with a big or small youtuber.

-You want to get intact with your subscribers by replying to their comments. The one day when they see your video pop up on their subbox and they remember you replying to their comment there is a higher chance of them coming back.

-You can also do this on social media but it's easier to do it in the comments especially when you are still in the 0-500 subscriber territory.

3.Enthusiasm

-Everybody always mentions it in their guides but for a good reason nobody wants to watch a 30 minute video of you half of the time being silent and making a lackluster uninspiring intro and ending the video without notice.

-The enthusiasm shows that you enjoy doing what you are doing. It has the same effect in any other thing in life. If you are enthusiastic so are your viewers.

-Don't be fake enthusiastic. You can kinda fake this sort of great mood but don't shoot it over.

4.Get professional.

-It's completely okay to start youtube with your moms own laptop and your awful headset that your dad got of a conference with his company, as long as you don't leave it there that is. If you want to do youtube full time you wanna put all your effort and resources into first get a better mic. Then get a better computer slowly upgrading your equipment as your videos quality goes higher.

-You want a good rendering program which of probably the best are: adobe premiere and final cut. (from general opinion])

-HD is nowadays a must no question.

5.Don't rush it.

-You don't need to upload 5 videos a day to get noticed. One video a day a week or heck two weeks or even a month is enough if your channels type fits that kind of genre. For let's plays I reccomend at least one video in two days and for review channels one in two weeks.

-If you want to make a high effort video it's also important not to rush it down to make it the best video it can be.

6.Do what you enjoy.

-Just because PewDiePie or Tobygames is massively successful with Let's Plays doesn't mean there isn't space on youtube for your strange league of legends/Fifa matchup with hard work edited video. If you enjoy doing content like that DO IT!

7.Never give up. Never stop.

-Even though it might take you a year or two or even three to reach 1000 subscribers doesn't mean you're bad.
-If you pursue anything with determination and detication eventually it will come to you.

If you guys have anything to tweak or suggest leave it in the comments.
This is a good youtube growth guide thank you for sharing this with everyone.

SandSeven7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good guide and the 3rd suggestion "Enthusiasm" is an underrated tactic to help your channel succeed. With audience retention playing a role in the suggested video rankings, your ability to keep people engaged without having knowledge they cannot get anywhere else is a crucial aspect that many new YouTubers miss.

I stumbled onto how important bringing a lot of energy to my videos was when looking at some analytics and overall audience responses from certain videos. One in particular, but the idea stuck. While I would not suggest going overboard, as is stated in this guide, I have kind of found a formula that works for me personally.

Since the initial response came from me simply commentating and playing a game, I can't reproduce those situations or scenarios for an entire video and one a day to boot. However, I have learned to act and play a character that is me, just me in a really good mood.

This was not easy for me to learn, and even when practiced it's a pain in a** to find a way to talk all happy like for 20+ minutes right after you have fight with a girlfriend or whatever the situation may be. It takes a lot out of me to do, but it is worth every bit of the effort.

That makes those videos when I am in the particular mood I am emulating, so easy and fun. I don't even know if this is going to make sense to yall, but it's what I do, and I know it has been a big factor in my quick growth. It's also usually the first bit of advise I give a new content creator that has linked a video for me to see.

Learning to talk fast, be happy, enthusiastic, and to basically make the video seem that much more epic on command is something I will always be learning, will never perfect, but will strive to do in each and every video.

DungeonsNDads

Reaction score
"If you enjoy doing content like that DO IT!"

I think that's one of the best pieces of advice you can get, not just with YT but with life in general. Once you find something you love doing, try and do it every day. If you find making the videos a chore then running a channel isn't for you, if you enjoy the editing and the promoting and the networking then great things can come in time.

WeKanGame

Superman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Very helpful tips! Thank you so much for sharing. Hopefully I can implement some of these for my channels :)