YouTube Drama Opinions

ZakDTV

I've Got It
I was reaqding over a post on YTtalk about a girl being stalked by another youtuber and being harassed on her social media by her. She was asking if she should put her stalker out there in a video. I personally dont think you should but that raises my new question. How well do yall think a video calling a stalker out on youtube, especially another youtuber would do? You see like idubbz and defranco making big numbers on the back of youtube scandals. It seems alot of people are drawn to the drama. If this is a bigger youtuber attacking a smaller one would the backlash from their followers be worth the increase in views/new subs that would come with the online drama? What if it is vice versa? Would there be a time when the drama and twitter rants and all that stuff would be worth it or should it be avoided all together?

I think it'll could go either way. There are a lot of "story time" Videos which are heavily exaggerated and basically click- bait. If you have like a real story with detail then it should do could but don't make it to long most people don't have the patience for long videos.

I watch a few channels that have a little drama and it does draw me in and make me watch more.

For a small channel talking about drama with another small channel, I doubt it's going to make any difference to their growth.

But for channels which do have a bit of traction and are already getting decent views, then yeah, drama and conflict draw people in and it could result in a boost in views for them. Look at all the celebrity gossip magazines and TV reality shows. That's all based around drama and conflict. It's like when people drive past a road accident - People can't help slowing down and having a good look at other people's misery. ^^

People love other people's drama. Just look at the magazines on sale. There's hundreds of different gossip mags around because people lap it up.

Right we have to watch an accident, but when is it worth checking out? what channel is too small for it?

YES I love me some hot a** tea.

Especially all the drama around Tana Mongeau

raw

Honestly though, nobody cares about small YouTuber drama. Only if you're Onision or Keemstar..or a racist white girl *ahem*

Back