Youtube custom url

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Hi everyone, so I have a weird question. I am elligible for a Youtube custom url, but my username is taken on Google plus so it wants me to change it. I don't know what to do. My channel is branded specifically for this username and I really don't want to change it. Does anyone know any way around this? I wouldn't mind, but the person who has the username has a completely different username and is actually a smaller channel than mine.

You can create a url that misses 1 letter, for example "youtube.com/FurryGuru" and add the "s" as an extra letter. That way you end up with FurryGurus in the end.

You can create a url that misses 1 letter, for example "youtube.com/FurryGuru" and add the "s" as an extra letter. That way you end up with FurryGurus in the end.
Damn, I wish I had seen this before I added to it. Wouldn't that also make it conflict though as the url would or could point to the other person. I just added numbers after which match my Twitch username.

Damn, I wish I had seen this before I added to it. Wouldn't that also make it conflict though as the url would or could point to the other person. I just added numbers after which match my Twitch username.
If the other one has the exact same url that probably won't work. There are a few posts about this on the forums though that explain it in much more detail.

Back