Youtube custom url

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
Hi everyone, so I have a weird question. I am elligible for a Youtube custom url, but my username is taken on Google plus so it wants me to change it. I don't know what to do. My channel is branded specifically for this username and I really don't want to change it. Does anyone know any way around this? I wouldn't mind, but the person who has the username has a completely different username and is actually a smaller channel than mine.

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can't really do much on this if i'm not mistaken.

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
it is really annoying. I suppose it is what I get for having such a generic username.

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
You can create a url that misses 1 letter, for example "youtube.com/FurryGuru" and add the "s" as an extra letter. That way you end up with FurryGurus in the end.

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
You can create a url that misses 1 letter, for example "youtube.com/FurryGuru" and add the "s" as an extra letter. That way you end up with FurryGurus in the end.
Damn, I wish I had seen this before I added to it. Wouldn't that also make it conflict though as the url would or could point to the other person. I just added numbers after which match my Twitch username.

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
Damn, I wish I had seen this before I added to it. Wouldn't that also make it conflict though as the url would or could point to the other person. I just added numbers after which match my Twitch username.
If the other one has the exact same url that probably won't work. There are a few posts about this on the forums though that explain it in much more detail.

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
If the other one has the exact same url that probably won't work. There are a few posts about this on the forums though that explain it in much more detail.
Ah well I have done it now either way. Thanks for the help though.