Your mistakes?

KrakenSoup

So, what mistakes have you made with your youtube channel and what you wish you could have done differently?

I'm thinking about my channel and stuff I could have done different, I beginning to think the tittles of my videos (46 videos later...) aren't good enough, so will focus on this in the future to try and get more exposure.

Last edited:
Just made our first video, and we hope we haven't made any disastrous mistake! Hopefully it goes well, haha. Video-wise though, we have a few things that maybe we could have done better, but it's not too remarkable I think ^^ But I think a common mistake is to forget about SEO optimization, it's a must-do for any video, no doubt :)

As someone who has only put up two videos with a third one on the way, I wish I had taken time to make my first two unique, in the third one I actually took the time to edit it, poking fun of myself the entire time, in the first two I just kind of went for it.

I've taken long breaks too many times. Like I went a full year between the summer of 2014 and 2015 without uploading. I dunno, it just lost its appeal. But I'm right back into it again now. Funny that.

Well... not starting it sooner or investing so much time into youtube tbh. My current regret/mistake is that I dont do vlog videos infront of a camera so to say, not because I dont want to but because I cant due to me missing some crucial for that equipment(Camera with which to film myself then upload the footage), but I have improvised and came up with my own style of vlogs so to say, for which I have no regrets and want to continue making.

I would have actually started uploading consistently in 2009. I only uploaded 1-2 videos per month until 2011 and then I deleted my channel.

Too many. I'm that kind of person. Heh.

First and foremost is the direction I went with my first few uploads. Pigeonholed myself into a fetish niche. I can't help but be thankful to the communities that love me but, I never wanted to be a "CattyN" y'know? I envy those animation channels doing stuff like pop culture parodies. I get really burned out on all the wedgie, spanking, and inflation requests in my comments. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong though, maybe this is the most unique path to a big transition.

Not doing music alongside my cartoons early on. It came out of "nowhere" this year and I can see why people didn't listen to it. In my defense I have much better equipment now and have improved so much as a singer since 2010 so maybe it's okay I didn't do it then.

Skipping 2006. My first animations were actually finished between 2006-2007. I was way too scared to share them with anyone but friends and family. Maybe I'd have a much bigger channel now if I had uploaded them as that's when YouTube was literally brand new (not that those animations were anywhere near what I'm doing now).

Fullscreen was a four year mistake. They were also brand new when I joined so MCNs weren't such a controversial thing yet. Not a ton of regrets though, it gave me a 'show' and I did a lot with the partner customization.

Giving into fear and doubt. All those little "what if" moments where back then I was all "I'm not ready yet, it's too hard/risky/expensive/[insert thing here]." It ends up being, "Well s**t-I totally could've done it and who knows-maybe I'd be better off than now." I'm not even going to count all the trends I didn't cash in on because I was too afraid to try.

Not that there's any way of knowing if any of it would've worked out. I gotta stay in the present more, not that I'm good at that as I'm still lamenting bad decisions I made as a teenager despite being 26. :laugh2:

Back