Your mistakes?

KrakenSoup

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So, what mistakes have you made with your youtube channel and what you wish you could have done differently?

I'm thinking about my channel and stuff I could have done different, I beginning to think the tittles of my videos (46 videos later...) aren't good enough, so will focus on this in the future to try and get more exposure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voov

Lennart Guitar

Check my weekly guitar vlogs!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
A general mistake is to focus too little on making videos and too much on side details as cameras, profile pictures and banners etc.

Reactions: Cromartie and Voov

Voov

Promotion platform for creators just like you
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just made our first video, and we hope we haven't made any disastrous mistake! Hopefully it goes well, haha. Video-wise though, we have a few things that maybe we could have done better, but it's not too remarkable I think ^^ But I think a common mistake is to forget about SEO optimization, it's a must-do for any video, no doubt :)

AsylumOfLoki

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As someone who has only put up two videos with a third one on the way, I wish I had taken time to make my first two unique, in the third one I actually took the time to edit it, poking fun of myself the entire time, in the first two I just kind of went for it.

Reactions: Voov

WeegieMovies

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Reviewer
I've taken long breaks too many times. Like I went a full year between the summer of 2014 and 2015 without uploading. I dunno, it just lost its appeal. But I'm right back into it again now. Funny that.

Reactions: IsntChrisL and Voov

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
Well... not starting it sooner or investing so much time into youtube tbh. My current regret/mistake is that I dont do vlog videos infront of a camera so to say, not because I dont want to but because I cant due to me missing some crucial for that equipment(Camera with which to film myself then upload the footage), but I have improvised and came up with my own style of vlogs so to say, for which I have no regrets and want to continue making.

GrantsMod

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would have actually started uploading consistently in 2009. I only uploaded 1-2 videos per month until 2011 and then I deleted my channel.

Cromartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Too many. I'm that kind of person. Heh.

First and foremost is the direction I went with my first few uploads. Pigeonholed myself into a fetish niche. I can't help but be thankful to the communities that love me but, I never wanted to be a "CattyN" y'know? I envy those animation channels doing stuff like pop culture parodies. I get really burned out on all the wedgie, spanking, and inflation requests in my comments. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong though, maybe this is the most unique path to a big transition.

Not doing music alongside my cartoons early on. It came out of "nowhere" this year and I can see why people didn't listen to it. In my defense I have much better equipment now and have improved so much as a singer since 2010 so maybe it's okay I didn't do it then.

Skipping 2006. My first animations were actually finished between 2006-2007. I was way too scared to share them with anyone but friends and family. Maybe I'd have a much bigger channel now if I had uploaded them as that's when YouTube was literally brand new (not that those animations were anywhere near what I'm doing now).

Fullscreen was a four year mistake. They were also brand new when I joined so MCNs weren't such a controversial thing yet. Not a ton of regrets though, it gave me a 'show' and I did a lot with the partner customization.

Giving into fear and doubt. All those little "what if" moments where back then I was all "I'm not ready yet, it's too hard/risky/expensive/[insert thing here]." It ends up being, "Well s**t-I totally could've done it and who knows-maybe I'd be better off than now." I'm not even going to count all the trends I didn't cash in on because I was too afraid to try.

Not that there's any way of knowing if any of it would've worked out. I gotta stay in the present more, not that I'm good at that as I'm still lamenting bad decisions I made as a teenager despite being 26. :laugh2: