You scratch my back I scratch yours :)

I'll get back to these all soon.. I go off for a day and you guys blew this up :) 4 reviews to be done today or tomorrow. :)

I had a laugh within the first 30 seconds of watching, I like the humor in your video . The editing was good, moved things along well without being too "jumpy". My only critique would be some sort of an out-tro sign off at the end of the video.... come to think of it, I need that too...

First of all anyone who reviews my channel/video I will make sure I review in turn anything of yours :) tell me in a response!
Opinions are amazing, fantastic, what I base my entire being off of.. probably not..
However, I have just started making YouTube videos again and would love some constructive criticism.
Am I funny?
Was the video edited well?
Would you watch another?
How does the channel look?
What could be done to improve my channel/video style?
tell me straight!!

Alex :)
Thoroughly enjoyed your video - to the point of subscribing with my 'non-sciencey' channel (I'm a weirdo who has a channel to sub to funny videos, and my current channel for all the educational ones).
Very nicely edited - the media degree is definitely showing :p The vlog part admittedly more boring by comparison - but the beginning edits were very slick and well made. It was engaging and watched to the end, and would have done had I not been reviewing too.

I think your channel in general could have a thumbnail upgrade though - your videos are way more exciting than your thumbnails are letting on. ;)
7 Facts About Me has the best thumbnail.
I feel you could also squeeze a joke into your banner about the splash bit.
But yes - well done! That's awesome :)

If you have time to review my channel, I'm particularly interested in my on camera presence and whether the pace/content of the videos are interesting or not.

THIS IS GOING TO BE A BIG POST!!!
Hey dude, I checked out your vid, really liked it, I left you a comment on there too with a few good points and a suggestion or two :) (Richard)

p.s

And if your wondering why im leaving my name at the end of each message, its cuz as i said there is me and my co host so we leave our names behind so people know which one of us is talking :), just incase lol

Hello to both of you guys! :) thank you for the wonderful comment I received from you guys on my channel
I watched your Game Of Thrones video. I was at a slight disadvantage as I haven't managed to get into the show itself just yet. However you guys have fantastic chemistry and it makes your videos very entertaining to watch. I think you are branding yourselves well, I like the click bait looking thumbnails as it will attract people to your vids and instantly get caught in with your presence on screen. I feel that you guys should aim your camera down a tiny bit more, just for the over all composition of the screen Richard bless him almost falls off the bottom of the screen. If you lower the camera slightly it'll make the overall presentation of your commentary easier to watch.

I had to click on this because currently my pet rat is scratching my back, in a good way! Lol.
I love your user, and picture, it's hilarious. I do find your humor nice, because it's similar to mine. I'm not a large fan of all the whispering and frame changes, with closeups. Maybe just make an awkward pause between the intro and the punch line, that's what I do. I basically live off awkward silence and I embrace my awkwardness. I think it would be more interesting if through the parts of the video without audio that are just scenes, scan through them faster because it shows a sense of time speeding by and how every event is so important and happens to fast. I don't know, maybe I'm too metaphorical. Then you can stop for the funny or important parts. Try to mix them in. I will watch another, actually I'll subscribe. At the end of my videos I usually have a catch phrase, "peace out girl scouts" and I cover the camera lens like you. I like the awkwardness you have.
Hello Meghan, first off, thanks it's cool to see the awkwardness spread.. They're my favourite kind of videos :)
I think I'm going to cut out the blog aspects of the videos, I enjoy planning the funny parts and struggle to make vlog clips as entertaining I think.
Now, I like the look of your channel the camera work on your banner is nice. I can appreciate that.
I watched your 'I do what for a living' video... I related to a ton of what you said. I think you have a very blunt style, which is great for what you do. It seems you are quite good with rant videos.. that seems to be your niche! I think improvements with overall presence can be improved, however you are only 16 and I think the more you create and get into the swing of things you will perfect your on camera personality. Overall you seem pretty consistent. Just keep up the awkwardness :)

I had a laugh within the first 30 seconds of watching, I like the humor in your video . The editing was good, moved things along well without being too "jumpy". My only critique would be some sort of an out-tro sign off at the end of the video.... come to think of it, I need that too...
I can't find a link to your page at all, link me if you have one :)

Thoroughly enjoyed your video - to the point of subscribing with my 'non-sciencey' channel (I'm a weirdo who has a channel to sub to funny videos, and my current channel for all the educational ones).
Very nicely edited - the media degree is definitely showing :p The vlog part admittedly more boring by comparison - but the beginning edits were very slick and well made. It was engaging and watched to the end, and would have done had I not been reviewing too.

I think your channel in general could have a thumbnail upgrade though - your videos are way more exciting than your thumbnails are letting on. ;)
7 Facts About Me has the best thumbnail.
I feel you could also squeeze a joke into your banner about the splash bit.
But yes - well done! That's awesome :)

If you have time to review my channel, I'm particularly interested in my on camera presence and whether the pace/content of the videos are interesting or not.
Your content is a perfect length.. 3-4 minutes is usually ideal for me. And you pack a lot into that time. I think you have a great on camera presence, although.. I always find intelligent people quite compelling.. It worked. I sat through the entire video trying to understand it all. Essentially, you kept my interest the entire way through. I love everything about your channel.. it's look, the intro and your content overall.. I learnt a lot from you video and subscribed :)

I have decided to cut out the vlog parts of my videos and just keep to the scripted parts. I'm going to try and go through the thumbnails for my better videos. I'll do anything you say, your superiorly smarter than me!!!

Thank you everyone :)

THIS IS GOING TO BE A BIG POST!!!

Hello to both of you guys! :) thank you for the wonderful comment I received from you guys on my channel
I watched your Game Of Thrones video. I was at a slight disadvantage as I haven't managed to get into the show itself just yet. However you guys have fantastic chemistry and it makes your videos very entertaining to watch. I think you are branding yourselves well, I like the click bait looking thumbnails as it will attract people to your vids and instantly get caught in with your presence on screen. I feel that you guys should aim your camera down a tiny bit more, just for the over all composition of the screen Richard bless him almost falls off the bottom of the screen. If you lower the camera slightly it'll make the overall presentation of your commentary easier to watch.

Hello Meghan, first off, thanks it's cool to see the awkwardness spread.. They're my favourite kind of videos :)
I think I'm going to cut out the blog aspects of the videos, I enjoy planning the funny parts and struggle to make vlog clips as entertaining I think.
Now, I like the look of your channel the camera work on your banner is nice. I can appreciate that.
I watched your 'I do what for a living' video... I related to a ton of what you said. I think you have a very blunt style, which is great for what you do. It seems you are quite good with rant videos.. that seems to be your niche! I think improvements with overall presence can be improved, however you are only 16 and I think the more you create and get into the swing of things you will perfect your on camera personality. Overall you seem pretty consistent. Just keep up the awkwardness :)

I can't find a link to your page at all, link me if you have one :)

Your content is a perfect length.. 3-4 minutes is usually ideal for me. And you pack a lot into that time. I think you have a great on camera presence, although.. I always find intelligent people quite compelling.. It worked. I sat through the entire video trying to understand it all. Essentially, you kept my interest the entire way through. I love everything about your channel.. it's look, the intro and your content overall.. I learnt a lot from you video and subscribed :)

I have decided to cut out the vlog parts of my videos and just keep to the scripted parts. I'm going to try and go through the thumbnails for my better videos. I'll do anything you say, your superiorly smarter than me!!!

Thank you everyone :)

Yeah i had to quote the whole thing not just the part with our exchange, in regards to the angle of the shot we are still working on it, thats the disadvantage i have working with such a tall guy lol, maybe i need a stool or something lol (Richard)

Just checked out your channel and really liked it your videos were really funny only thing i could say was maybe make them a bit longer i loved watching you vlog but it was only 2mins long and I wanted to watch more of it! aha but great work cant wait to see what you come up with next

Welcome back to youtube btw :D
i check your video
1. its reallly funny.. i catch the jokes
2. the cut editign looks smooth and its perfect
3. u need soem background music tho ._. just a low sound of it would be nice
4. logo is FUNNY....cant wait till u evolve to gyrados ??
5. Thumbnail need soem work for me at least..i find it not very click baiting
overall i like it tho :D

Ok so I'm super new at this so take it for what it's worth. I really liked it. I think your really funny. Embrace your awkwardness and run with it. I laughed at the babbling on and hand over the camera thing but I don't have a suggestion for an ongoing thing sadly. Editing and lighting was good. Good video! Not a fan of the channel art- just not my style- sorry And I would only add a slide at the end - closing card or whatever with other videos and a call to action. Other than that good work!

I didn't review it for a return review I actually liked the video, but if your offering. . . And want to watch some kids surprise egg opening I know thrilling . . . Head on over to my channel and let me know what you think!

Dude, your comedy is spot on!
I think maybe up the video's that are only 3 minutes or so to maybe 5-10 minutes. I mean I really like the comedic value but I feel it's too short.
Other than that I really like your work. keep it up!
:pompus:

Back