You scratch my back I scratch yours :)

AlexUsedSplash

I write comedy and people tell me that it's funny.
First of all anyone who reviews my channel/video I will make sure I review in turn anything of yours :) tell me in a response!
Opinions are amazing, fantastic, what I base my entire being off of.. probably not..
However, I have just started making YouTube videos again and would love some constructive criticism.
Am I funny?
Was the video edited well?
Would you watch another?
How does the channel look?
What could be done to improve my channel/video style?
tell me straight!!

Alex :)

Last edited:
Just so people know, I like reviewing other's content so anyone who checks out my work and provides me with some feedback I will go out of my way to provide some solid feedback as a thank you :)

I watched the newest video, and the editing is really nice, I think one thing that would help is the lighting. The intro and outro do not look as good as when you are in the sun, with natural light, maybe try to work on that. Hope that helps.

I watched the newest video, and the editing is really nice, I think one thing that would help is the lighting. The intro and outro do not look as good as when you are in the sun, with natural light, maybe try to work on that. Hope that helps.
I did have lighting equipment up. But I should be filming one night this week, so I will definitely take a look at this and improve it for the next one :) Thank you!

I watched your latest videos and one of your gaming videos.
The asian food video I think could have been edited down a little bit more just to make it more faster viewing wise. It could have been 5 minutes I feel.
The gaming videos were good, good length. You got a cool personality from what I saw, I mentioned this in another review for another user, but sometimes I think swearing can be over done. Don't get me wrong, I'm swear like a trooper a lot of the time. But when recording I try to vary my vocabulary just so that I don't repeat the same phrases multiple times. I get that may not be something that can be worked on, it's what ever is natural to you I guess :)

Hello Alex. I watched both the video you posted and the channel in general. Well for the channel there isn't much to say because the layout is ok and the channel banner and icon are pretty good. For the video it was well made on the editing part, also I think the lighting was ok.
Maybe in the future the best thing would be to add an end card with links to other videos for chaining the viewers attention. Not bad as a new beginning and I hope this will be for good xD.
Bye!

Hello Alex. I watched both the video you posted and the channel in general. Well for the channel there isn't much to say because the layout is ok and the channel banner and icon are pretty good. For the video it was well made on the editing part, also I think the lighting was ok.
Maybe in the future the best thing would be to add an end card with links to other videos for chaining the viewers attention. Not bad as a new beginning and I hope this will be for good xD.
Bye!
Thank you mate :)
Thankfully my brother is an artist so he designed the picture for me, all I had to do was make the banner. I try and keep my editing as fast as possible, I don't like my videos dragging on. Lighting is something that I am currently thinking about improving slightly.
The outro has been mentioned a few times so that'll definitely be added to my next video :)

I checked out your channel Winger, I like that you actually enjoy the Horror games, a lot of big YouTubers only play them for their subscribers (like Pewdiepie)
I think if I were to watch horror games being played I'd watch you.. You seem very authentic too, a lot of gamers seem like they fake reactions.. but I see your stuff as more real.
I made it sound like I hate watching horror stuff. If someone I'm subscribed too uploads horror videos I usually watch them.. I'd well watch you play 'Until Dawn' that's the only horror game I've ever played.. It scared me so bad.
Keep doing your thing mate :)

I really like the banner and logo.. I love the pacman font.. But others might have a. Hard time reading it.. I like the energy and vibe that the videos have, especially I like how some of the costume pieces like wigs and glasses are obviously fake and it shows that you're having fun.. It looks like you stopped for a while, don't know if that hurts or not but more videos show that you are still around.. I think your about section needs as much info as possible and do do the descriptions for each video. That way it can help in searching terms, but even if that doesn't help, it makes your videos look altitude more serious and involved.. If you'd like to revive anything of mine, I'd prefer it if you find the post I made this week and post it there, but either way is fine, thanks and good luck

Hi Alex,

Just watched the video that you posted. I liked it a lot and I like your style and humor. Some jokes didn't work for me (the "liar" scene, in particular), but most of them were entertaining. For the video, it was a bit quiet, so I think some background music would have helped a bit. Going into it, I wasn't sure exactly what kind of video it was. By the end of it, I realized it was a vlog, haha! It was good for a "daily life" vlog and I did enjoy seeing some of the places you went.

I agree with the above-mentioned advice of having a closing card. It's a great chance to showcase some of your other videos, and also to reinforce the idea of subscribing and following you on social media. Anyway, good luck and good job on your return!

By the way, if you could review mine, I'd really appreciate it!

http://yttalk.com/threads/review4review-video-game-review-the-racist-photography-game.215711/

I had to click on this because currently my pet rat is scratching my back, in a good way! Lol.
I love your user, and picture, it's hilarious. I do find your humor nice, because it's similar to mine. I'm not a large fan of all the whispering and frame changes, with closeups. Maybe just make an awkward pause between the intro and the punch line, that's what I do. I basically live off awkward silence and I embrace my awkwardness. I think it would be more interesting if through the parts of the video without audio that are just scenes, scan through them faster because it shows a sense of time speeding by and how every event is so important and happens to fast. I don't know, maybe I'm too metaphorical. Then you can stop for the funny or important parts. Try to mix them in. I will watch another, actually I'll subscribe. At the end of my videos I usually have a catch phrase, "peace out girl scouts" and I cover the camera lens like you. I like the awkwardness you have.

First of all anyone who reviews my channel/video I will make sure I review in turn anything of yours :) tell me in a response!
Opinions are amazing, fantastic, what I base my entire being off of.. probably not..
However, I have just started making YouTube videos again and would love some constructive criticism.
Am I funny?
Was the video edited well?
Would you watch another?
How does the channel look?
What could be done to improve my channel/video style?
tell me straight!!

Alex :)

Hey dude, I checked out your vid, really liked it, I left you a comment on there too with a few good points and a suggestion or two :) (Richard)

p.s

And if your wondering why im leaving my name at the end of each message, its cuz as i said there is me and my co host so we leave our names behind so people know which one of us is talking :), just incase lol

Back