Would uploading non edited 2 min videos daily be worthwhile?

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have uploaded 2, they are much longer than 2 mins lol. I should have another video coming up tomorrow. And hopefully one friday and saturday as well
One of my favorite quotes is "I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead."
In my experience keeping things short is sometimes much harder than making a video long. Short videos have to be very to the point. lol

that being said I think this is a good idea to try out. But making unediting 2 min videos might require you to plan it a little bit more or at least do 2 or 3 takes to make sure it's as short as you can get it.

Quote.jpg

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
alternatively, i think a really cool idea would be one minute of raw footage every day for a week. that way, at the end of the week, all you have to do is clip those together, and you've got an easy seven minute video every week detailing the updates to your car!
I like that idea too, a little more manageable on edit time too[DOUBLEPOST=1541071264,1541071159][/DOUBLEPOST]
One of my favorite quotes is "I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead."
In my experience keeping things short is sometimes much harder than making a video long. Short videos have to be very to the point. lol

that being said I think this is a good idea to try out. But making unediting 2 min videos might require you to plan it a little bit more or at least do 2 or 3 takes to make sure it's as short as you can get it.
This is true, orginally I thought I would only have 2 mins of content, but it is more like 10 lol. I guess now it is a question of whether non edited videos help or hurt if they are uploaded regularly

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I watched your video on making the battery terminals last night, the first part of the video is a little muddled and unclear as a viewer. your checking for a parasitic drain, pull the cover off your ecm and then go to making battery cables without any real explanation of why you suspect your drain would be in your ecm harness or what your looking for. then just kind of jumps to making battery cables.

I thought the part about the battery cables was pretty good. I might have just left the first part of that video off for a quick video just used the battery cable section of the video for the short. saved the other footage for later when you go back to looking for parasitic battery drain.

also you might look into making some kind of tripod setup for your camera. its hard to work one handed. and pretty much impossible not to shake the camera around trying to work one handed and hold the camera. I use a little portable vice that has a swiveling head on it attached to a piece of steel to hold my phone when I shoot with my phone. allows you to work faster and get better footage.

Last edited:

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I watched your video on making the battery terminals last night, the first part of the video is a little muddled and unclear as a viewer. your checking for a parasitic drain, pull the cover off your ecm and then go to making battery cables without any real explanation of why you suspect your drain would be in your ecm harness or what your looking for. then just kind of jumps to making battery cables.

I thought the part about the battery cables was pretty good. I might have just left the first part of that video off for a quick video just used the battery cable section of the video for the short. saved the other footage for later when you go back to looking for parasitic battery drain.

also you might look into making some kind of tripod setup for your camera. its hard to work one handed. and pretty much impossible not to shake the camera around trying to work one handed and hold the camera. I use a little portable vice that has a swiveling head on it attached to a piece of steel to hold my phone when I shoot with my phone. allows you to work faster and get better footage.
Thanks for the feedback! I will definitely get a tripod set up, I already have a small flexible one just need a phone holder attachment. I should have some nicer content coming up soon not really sure if I like doing quick edits