Why I choose not to monitize :)

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Did i see the video game "Perfect Dark's" menu screen in there?? I believe so
yes and no..
It was created in PHOTOSHOP it was not a video capture of the game all the mockups of gaming were done in unity/blender and cgi reproductions . So no you actually didnt :)

I went and watched a game and then took the info i saw in the game and created my own game from it using png images and cgi mockups.

RoyalENIGMA

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yes and no.. you did but its not if that makes any sense

anyhow I made it too realistic hence the refusal. It was created in PHOTOSHOP it was not a video capture of the game all the mockups of gaming were done in unity/blender and cgi reproductions . So no you actually didnt :)
:/

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
yeah so that is the reaction I got. Believe me or not but one thing I did not do and would never do is take stuff like that and then say its mine. I made it its original. I watched a game on archive.org the game was poor quality but the clip was marked as public domain. However it did not suit my purpose angles were bad so.. I went and spent the last hrm year creating that 2 minutes of footage. What bothers me is that youtube basically says its not mine. I dont know what else to do other then to zip up all the files used to create it and mail it to them. However I tried that and they did not download the file so I had to give up. The reality is though I have been "working my a** off" on the actual movie. I cant put it on youtube because they have already said that the trailer is not mine. I have spent the last what 3 months working on the opening scene. Yeah its mine and yeah I made it however it does appear that whatever I do I can't make it look like anything else :/

Steve Levy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I monetize most of my videos, but I'm very picky as to what I do monetize. Like, anything that uses video clips? No monetization ( unless I get written consent ). It's common sense believe it or not, I havent had any incidents yet *crosses fingers*

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah it was in there for like 3 seconds.
nope wasnt but i am tired of repeating myself read the thread however I surrender

PHOTOSHOP has managed to produce something that is apparently so real that no one can tell the difference now I am master of all that is pixels :cool:

Reaction score
Why would you go through so much trouble to recreate the exact menu from perfect dark? Why not just replace it with a different menu and see if it gets approved then?

Wilad

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hello,

Working on something a long time that you can't show to people must be frustrating. I think some of the confusion from the above posters is that you started the thread by saying how absolutely everything is 100% original content but it does not appear to be. If you are going to take a menu design idea from an existing videogame you should at least change the names, I noticed it still says 'Perfect Menu' in the top left and 'Carrington Institute' in center which can confuse the viewer since it is obviously from Perfect Dark the N64 videogame. This is probably the copyright issue youtube has as well. This actually brings up a good question about what is original content, if you just looked at the perfect dark menu and manufactured a replica is that really original content?