Why I choose not to monitize :)

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
A lesson from a content creator 101

in this here video

every shred of visual content is completely original in some way. Its total cgi and generated using licensed software..

I have used 3 sounds that I can prove are all allowed for commercial use
- a gun cocking
http://soundbible.com/1989-Gun-Cocking-Slow.html
-a gun firing
http://soundbible.com/1919-Shotgun-Blast.html
- a modem
http://www.freesound.org/people/joedeshon/sounds/80288/
all three sounds were obtained under the creative commons license attribution 3.0 which allows you to remix, share, redistribute and retransmit the work and use it for commercial purposes

Everthing else soundwise was created using a synthesizer and mixed again by hand

So I have a completely original movie which youtube will not allow to be monitized . Since its created by me all I could do was make a piece of paper and sign it and fax it to them. They rejected the "proof" I linked them to all the software use policies which all clearly states the software creations are the intillectual property of the creator (me) and can be used for commercial purposes.

However that is not good enough and so the movie is moving to blip tv lol
end of saga..

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I want to know how the bigger partners deal with stuff like this, loads of people use free to use sound effects etc what a shame.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
yup there is no single image in there I didnt create myself lol its a lot of work. Textures everything all the objects 100% original .. I told them would they allow me to claim ownership to a piece of paper with a stick figure I drew on it if that would be okay with them?

the sounds are all legal and labelled for commercial use lol i credited the sites in the movie I did everything legally and correctly. In any event for the most part that is why people stick to things that are just straight up video although those sounds are used in tons of videos on youtube by partners all the time really but they rejected the monitize request :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wonder if the menu you have done is something they think might not be yours, I think monetisation is too much of a mess around the for the average Joe these days, you must need some legal support to get it approved its getting that bad.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
no the menu is generated by me its 100% mine lol as I said there is no single image in there that was not hand made from scratch. Its a menu a made in photoshop and loaded into blender and created a series of png images that i then imported into corel studio. I needed a game menu so I made one lol but no one owns it its hand made. As I said every single image in there is hand made by me starting from the texture up.

This has only just started to be like this since christmas but as I said for the most part monitization is a pain. I wanted to see how hard it would be to unlock partner so i submitted a work that no one can dispute is not mine lol. There has been to much fraud however so they are swinging the other way and instantly distrust people .

I gave them all the info . The fact of the matter is its mine i made it. It may "look" like something else but well I wanted to make a cgi film so of course it *looks* like something . The movie is about a hacker who uses rl people to play puppets in his video game so of course the interface looks like its form a game lol .
the fact remains however it isn't... its not a game recording.. its a mock up of a game recording .. :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It makes you wonder what you CAN monetise then :rolleyes: :down:

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It makes you wonder what you CAN monetise then :rolleyes: :down:
vlogs :)
lol as i said unless its something that slaps them in the face obvious they treat it otherwise, but yeah not a game recording its a dummy i made up so are all the video shots of people playing games if you look at the monitor screens things are playing on them, but the reality is those are original works as well inlaid . Like when someone plays something on tv and accidently catches a glimpse but in my case its there on purpose and I made it with my own original pixels.

its a very details set of shots i left no stone unturned I wanted to make a scifi movie.. only thing is youtube doesn't want me to claim it as mine.. even though it is lol

I guess i confused them I made it look so authentic they thought it was something else anyhow its not. I know what it looks like but that doesnt mean it is.. I knew it would not go through but I thought I would give it a try. Anyhow for the most part I can't use youtube . I get simple stuff through made with the identical software and it passes everytime this however was something special and I wanted it to look right.. /shrug I get so frustred when i try to deal with their crap and a the same time I have do deal with godigital trying to claim rights to my stuff and I spend more time pulling stuff off youtube then I do making new stuff..

these days.. This will be another casualty of the "new youtube" .

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its so unfair, I would probably avoid intros too then if this is how its going to be for everyone.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Its so unfair, I would probably avoid intros too then if this is how its going to be for everyone.
pretty sure it is the content of the movie and the fact that its so complicated.

but I wanted to make movies with all the trimmings its not fun otherwise to me lol /shrug

RoyalENIGMA

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
no the menu is generated by me its 100% mine lol as I said there is no single image in there that was not hand made from scratch. Its a menu a made in photoshop and loaded into blender and created a series of png images that i then imported into corel studio. I needed a game menu so I made one lol but no one owns it its hand made. As I said every single image in there is hand made by me starting from the texture up.

This has only just started to be like this since christmas but as I said for the most part monitization is a pain. I wanted to see how hard it would be to unlock partner so i submitted a work that no one can dispute is not mine lol. There has been to much fraud however so they are swinging the other way and instantly distrust people .

I gave them all the info . The fact of the matter is its mine i made it. It may "look" like something else but well I wanted to make a cgi film so of course it *looks* like something . The movie is about a hacker who uses rl people to play puppets in his video game so of course the interface looks like its form a game lol .
the fact remains however it isn't... its not a game recording.. its a mock up of a game recording .. :)

Did i see the video game "Perfect Dark's" menu screen in there?? I believe so