Why do some people say Macs are better for editing?

Razer blade is the god under this earth :D really great Laptop with great ways to improve your skills in editing and gaming togheter :D just sayin :D

Macs are better for editing, PCs are better for gaming, but a Mac could do just as good if you get the right one. Also you could buy MacOSX and do a Hackintosh if you just want the OS.

Macs are good for editing due to the way the os uses everything the ram and other mumbo jumbo. Thats why macs hardly ever lock on you.

Well editing videos mostly.
Mac's are way overpriced and the only real software that is exlusive to mac is Final Cut Pro and Garage Band, every other program you can get on windows. Go with a custom build PC with high end CPU and a mid range GPU for gaming, you will save way more money and the editing will work just as well if not better. Mac's have better color output but if you buy a good monitor you can have good color output on PC as well. The biggest part for PC is that you can choose your processor depending on your budget to help with rendering speed, which is very important to someone who edits videos alot. For PC go with Haswell Core I7 processor and lots of RAM. With a MAC you will overpay for older componets to get the name.

Macs have a lot more editing software than PC. PC has a few good ones, with majority costing 200+. Though Mac has many good free ones with some cheap and higher end editing. Due to Mac having a wider range, most say Mac is better.

Macs have a lot more editing software than PC. PC has a few good ones, with majority costing 200+. Though Mac has many good free ones with some cheap and higher end editing. Due to Mac having a wider range, most say Mac is better.
Not entirely true since the good software is build for both Mac and Windows. Mac's are way overpriced and in most cases if someone pays for the software $300 in addition to the cost of the PC the total price tag compared to a MAC would still be much cheaper.

Not entirely true since the good software is build for both Mac and Windows. Mac's are way overpriced and in most cases if someone pays for the software $300 in addition to the cost of the PC the total price tag compared to a MAC would still be much cheaper.

Go on Cnet.com, search "Editing Software", see the amount of PC versus Mac. I'm a PC user, and when I see all the stuff they have, I'm honestly a bit jealous xD

EDIT: Mac's are overpriced though, considering there only specialty is editing and artsy stuff.

Mac's are way overpriced and the only real software that is exlusive to mac is Final Cut Pro and Garage Band, every other program you can get on windows. Go with a custom build PC with high end CPU and a mid range GPU for gaming, you will save way more money and the editing will work just as well if not better. Mac's have better color output but if you buy a good monitor you can have good color output on PC as well. The biggest part for PC is that you can choose your processor depending on your budget to help with rendering speed, which is very important to someone who edits videos alot. For PC go with Haswell Core I7 processor and lots of RAM. With a MAC you will overpay for older componets to get the name.

Don't forget Motion and Logic Pro. Very good Mac exclusive software.

Go on Cnet.com, search "Editing Software", see the amount of PC versus Mac. I'm a PC user, and when I see all the stuff they have, I'm honestly a bit jealous xD

EDIT: Mac's are overpriced though, considering there only specialty is editing and artsy stuff.
Here is the thing you are missing, i only need one program to put my videos together, i use Adobe Premiere Pro, i dont need all the rest of the programs(some of which are complete garbage). So you can easily find great editing program from the choices available on PC. And quantity on Mac does not guarantee quality, half of the programs might not be able to accomplish what you need done. And then on top of that there is always that price that just makes the Mac overpriced for the components that it holds.[DOUBLEPOST=1375233150,1375233083][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't forget Motion and Logic Pro. Very good Mac exclusive software.
I dont doubt it, but the thing is you get what you pay for, and if you pay that much for a Mac (which is mainly praised for editing features) i expect some good editing software to be available.

Back