Why do some people say Macs are better for editing?

I think macs are better for editing because mainly it feels faster, better resolution, and plus programs only able for use on mac, normally are much easier to maneuver and use in my opinion.
Yeah, that's the only reason I want a Mac, shiny!! LOL but they're expensive right?

Yeah I know adobe is better, but you know you can use adobe on a mac right?

But I was going under the assumption that when people are talking about editing on Macs they're talking about using final cut pro, which is apparently the case here lol

Adobe premier and after effects are king when it comes to editing, final cut is just Apples poor answer to Adobe in my opinion...
I guess it really is hard to say which is best (at least between some softwares) as people have personal preferences and needs that some software can match for them,

But I was going under the assumption that when people are talking about editing on Macs they're talking about using final cut pro, which is apparently the case here lol
Oh well yeah lol, final cut pro is okay, but not the best either. Adobe is better definitely but a lot of people use adobe on a mac too. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1375622633,1375622560][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, that's the only reason I want a Mac, shiny!! LOL but they're expensive right?
Heck yeah, they are expensive, but at the same time, I might would probably say that they are definitely worth the money! :D

Yeah but people that actually know what they're talking about when it comes to editing will tell you that Adobe is the shizzle when it comes to editing software...

Thats completely opinionated. I know several professional editors that use Final Cut, although granted they may use Adobe software in some scenarios, but many use Final Cut and Motion exclusively, and trust me, they come up with professional cinema movie level edits.
I havent used Adobe when it comes to editing, but I guess everyone has their own opinions. Final Cut is a Pro editor, as is Adobe. Which an editor uses is completely up to what they are comfortable with.

I really dont get this Mac vs PC, and FCP vs Adobe stuff. Its completely subjective. Its simply down to what you personally prefer, and what works for you.
A Mac with FCPX works perfectly for me, that doesnt mean its the ideal setup for the next person.

I have used a Mac and I really don't like them, you can do a million and one things more with Adobe editing software than you ever could with the Mac software, Adobe's products are designed for film makers and so on, so their software is gonna be a million times better.

but here is the thing. adobe also can work on a mac. and i use it on my mac. i feel like it is a really good experience using the adobe suite on a mac[DOUBLEPOST=1375633730,1375633619][/DOUBLEPOST]
What software did you use??
Like final cut is designed for movie makers too.

final cut is designed for movie makers. but with final cut x then really dumbed the software down for people. it became less of a pro software and more of a prosumer software. also apple doesnt really listen to there users. they rarely put out updates. and when they do. it hardly has the new features that people ask for[DOUBLEPOST=1375633910][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nah man, sony vegas is where its' at for editing. Most youtubers use it nowadays :p

i never even looked at vegas. is it any good? also does anyone even use AVID? lol in holywood believe it or not but the big time movie makers. edit on final cut pro 7 or AVID. just a fun fact. in my opinion though adobe is still best. i just prefer to use it on a mac.

Back