Why buy a DSLR over a small compact camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see your point.. but thats what I prefer..
If you know how to use one, then it's great, I also think DSLR are the best and cheapest option to get good quality image that you can control.
But if BillyVlogTV is happy with a very basic quality, and he clearly doesn't know about DSLR, so there is no point for him to get one.
The argument about the good focus is not really specific to DSLR as cheap camera like family camcorder keeps everything in focus, and pretty sharp as well. The main reason for getting a DSLR is to make YOU control the image and not leave it to the camera. If you can do that, then you are on the level above, which is great!

If you know how to use one, then it's great, I also think DSLR are the best and cheapest option to get good quality image that you can control.
But if BillyVlogTV is happy with a very basic quality, and he clearly doesn't know about DSLR, so there is no point for him to get one.
The argument about the good focus is not really specific to DSLR as cheap camera like family camcorder keeps everything in focus, and pretty sharp as well. The main reason for getting a DSLR is to make YOU control the image and not leave it to the camera. If you can do that, then you are on the level above, which is great!

WELL to me it has GOOD FOCUS, over anything.... OKAY? good. :O_o2:

WELL to me it has GOOD FOCUS, over anything.... OKAY? good. :O_o2:
We don't have to agree with you over everything. DSLRs have pretty good quality, but will be destroyed by anything like a BlackMagic, Red, or Arri. Similarly, DSLRs are not for every kind of video. There's a reason they use GoPros for extreme sports, easy small cameras for every day vlogs etc. Different tools for different trades

We don't have to agree with you over everything. DSLRs have pretty good quality, but will be destroyed by anything like a BlackMagic, Red, or Arri. Similarly, DSLRs are not for every kind of video. There's a reason they use GoPros for extreme sports, easy small cameras for every day vlogs etc. Different tools for different trades

...And again I prefer DSLR. their for my "kind of videos" drop it. Kthnx.

I'm not saying you don't, trying to give advice to others here, not you. Great, you like DSLRs, that's fine! However, different cameras have different purposes, and I feel pretty well qualified to say that..
HOWEVER it doesn't matter how "qualified" you think you are! a DSLR camera will be fine for any YOUTUBE video, what are you trying to make a TV show?! not that serious dude.

HOWEVER it doesn't matter how "qualified" you think you are! a DSLR camera will be fine for any YOUTUBE video, what are you trying to make a TV show?! not that serious dude.
Well, see that's where you're wrong, a DSLR will not be fine for any youtube video. See those extreme sports videos? GoPro. Run and gun reporting/other? ENG, Vlogs where you point a camera at yourself and can't focus manually all the time? Compact camera or camera with good autofocus. I study all this at University, so I'd like to say I have a vague idea of what I am talking about.. You like DSRLs, and that's fine, but they are not the only camera out there.

It doesn't matter what you study, that doesn't make your point any more valid, but ask yourself is the AVERAGE person on youtube making EXTREME sports videos, or anything way more extravagant! NO. So for BillyVlog's defense a DSLR is fine. YOUR jumping way to deep into this for NO reason..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back