Which MacBook to get?

Thank you. So you recommend that regardless to buy and external hardrive anyway?

Yes, definitely. You will need to place all project and render files on an external drive rather then run everything from the same internal drive as the program. This increases efficiency and makes the entire editing process much smoother.

Can I buy an apple one?

Apple do not make external hard drives, although they do supply some from other manufacturers. As long as its USB3 you should be fine. Ive used a Western Digital My Passport 2TB drive before (just under £100 I think) and thats been OK. A ThunderBolt drive is much better for editing, but they are also much ore expensive. For your uses, a USB3 drive should be fine.

Ah I don't know any students or teachers lol but I've saved money so it's cool

Ask around! You'll get the extended 3 year warranty for free as well as the discount!

Is iMovies included on a MacBook Pro? And should the 2 MacBooks I showed you run iMovies ok? And will it make my video HD?

Yes, iMovie is included on all Mac systems by default as far as I can remember. You shouldn't need to pay any extra for it. There are tons of tutorial videos on YouTube on how to use it etc as well. Its rather easy to grasp and get moving with it. Some of the big YouTubers with 1Million+ subs actually use iMovie as it does everything they need!

Yes, definitely. You will need to place all project and render files on an external drive rather then run everything from the same internal drive as the program. This increases efficiency and makes the entire editing process much smoother.

Apple do not make external hard drives, although they do supply some from other manufacturers. As long as its USB3 you should be fine. Ive used a Western Digital My Passport 2TB drive before (just under £100 I think) and thats been OK. A ThunderBolt drive is much better for editing, but they are also much ore expensive. For your uses, a USB3 drive should be fine.

Ask around! You'll get the extended 3 year warranty for free as well as the discount!

Yes, iMovie is included on all Mac systems by default as far as I can remember. You shouldn't need to pay any extra for it. There are tons of tutorial videos on YouTube on how to use it etc as well. Its rather easy to grasp and get moving with it. Some of the big YouTubers with 1Million+ subs actually use iMovie as it does everything they need!
Oh cool, yeah I just saw on the website there's all these options to add like adapters etc and I don't know if I'd need any of them.

They had some external hardrives I don't mind paying for the ones that come from apple they've got these:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408914151.541541.jpg

I didn't know some of them use iMovies that's cool. I didn't realise you could still get good effects on it.

Yeah In gonna save for a camera but for now I only have my iPhone 4s to film on. Which is awkward as I don't have any sort of tripod.

When I have enough money I plan to get a canon 600 or 700d and some soft box lights so it looks professional :)

I just got the macbook pro and paid the $500 for the upgraded memory and dedicated video card. I've been really happy with it so far.

Oh cool, yeah I just saw on the website there's all these options to add like adapters etc and I don't know if I'd need any of them.

They had some external hardrives I don't mind paying for the ones that come from apple they've got these:
View attachment 22304

I didn't know some of them use iMovies that's cool. I didn't realise you could still get good effects on it.

Yeah In gonna save for a camera but for now I only have my iPhone 4s to film on. Which is awkward as I don't have any sort of tripod.

When I have enough money I plan to get a canon 600 or 700d and some soft box lights so it looks professional :)

The £150 drive would be ideal as it has Thunderbolt as well - although see what I mean about Thunderbolt being a little expensive?! A 2TB USB3 drive would be around £100 from Amazon. Nevertheless, the Thunderbolt drive would be preferred, as previously mentioned, if you can stretch to it.

The iPhone 4s still produces great video. Take a look on eBay as you can pick up some tripod mounts for the iPhone for only a couple of quid. Failing that take a look at the Joby GripTight mount.

I may have a iPhone 4 tripod mount laying around that I no longer use. If I can find it you are welcome to it ;) it should be more then enough to get you started - personally I would concentrate on lighting first since that will really help your video quality, then go for the DSLR if you still feel you need it.....

The £150 drive would be ideal as it has Thunderbolt as well - although see what I mean about Thunderbolt being a little expensive?! A 2TB USB3 drive would be around £100 from Amazon. Nevertheless, the Thunderbolt drive would be preferred, as previously mentioned, if you can stretch to it.

The iPhone 4s still produces great video. Take a look on eBay as you can pick up some tripod mounts for the iPhone for only a couple of quid. Failing that take a look at the Joby GripTight mount.

I may have a iPhone 4 tripod mount laying around that I no longer use. If I can find it you are welcome to it ;) it should be more then enough to get you started - personally I would concentrate on lighting first since that will really help your video quality, then go for the DSLR if you still feel you need it.....
Awesome:) yeah I just bought one off eBay really cheap.the only annoying thing filming with my iphone front facing camera quality isn't that great, and if I turn it the other way then I can't see myself film lol

Also would i need to purchase a specific cable for the thunderbolt hard drive?

There's tons of cables and stuff on there I'm not sure of and I think I should invest on the apple care plan to be on the safe side!

Awesome:) yeah I just bought one off eBay really cheap.the only annoying thing filming with my iphone front facing camera quality isn't that great, and if I turn it the other way then I can't see myself film lol

Also would i need to purchase a specific cable for the thunderbolt hard drive?

There's tons of cables and stuff on there I'm not sure of and I think I should invest on the apple care plan to be on the safe side!

Check to see if the drive comes with the cable in the box - many do by default ;)

Back