Which Gaming Network should I join?

BTierK2

Recently, I just got released from Fullscreen. I'm not sure what happened behind the scenes, but it seems like YouTube doesn't have a good relationship with Fullscreen anymore.

So right now, I'm a freelance, and I'm not sure which gaming network I should go for. I'm still a partner, however, it is not verified by any network. So which gaming network should I join?

My channel consists of gaming podcast, ai vs. ai on an engine called Mugen, community animations, player vs. player online gaming, live game streaming, and myself playing video games.

My channel currently has close to 50,000 subs, and I'm hoping I have another opportunity to grow, so please help me, or give some tips.

Why do you think you need a network? What percentage of your income did Fullscreen take from you? Do you consider that they deserved that percentage? Example, if they took 10%, do you consider that your views were 10% because of their work? If not, then you should stick with adsense IMHO.

Why do you think you need a network? What percentage of your income did Fullscreen take from you? Do you consider that they deserved that percentage? Example, if they took 10%, do you consider that your views were 10% because of their work? If not, then you should stick with adsense IMHO.

Some of my videos don't have me talking, it's usually only at the beginning of the video and that's it. The first few years were great, it got me the things I needed, but the 3rd year, it started going downhill.

Some of my videos don't have me talking, it's usually only at the beginning of the video and that's it. The first few years were great, it got me the things I needed, but the 3rd year, it started going downhill.

My advice would be test adsense for a few months and compare. I think you will find that adsense is perfectly fine.

My advice would be test adsense for a few months and compare. I think you will find that adsense is perfectly fine.

Truth be told, I would, but with YouTube strict on the non-commentary, I do fear the worst of getting reported.

Truth be told, I would, but with YouTube strict on the non-commentary, I do fear the worst of getting reported.
With the way the partnership rules have changed, it may well be those non-commentary videos which got you kicked in the first place.

Now that you are no longer attached to a network, you will need to link an Adsense and rejoin the YPP anyway. No network will accept a channel which isn't already a direct YouTube Partner, and to be a direct partner you must have an Adsense account linked to your channel.

Remake the videos in question and add commentary or delete them. But you are going to have to face the channel review team like everyone else before you will be allowed to apply to another network.

With the way the partnership rules have changed, it may well be those non-commentary videos which got you kicked in the first place.

Now that you are no longer attached to a network, you will need to link an Adsense and rejoin the YPP anyway. No network will accept a channel which isn't already a direct YouTube Partner, and to be a direct partner you must have an Adsense account linked to your channel.

Remake the videos in question and add commentary or delete them. But you are going to have to face the channel review team like everyone else before you will be allowed to apply to another network.

I suppose, but I'm sure that companies would have enforced it by now after years.

I suppose, but I'm sure that companies would have enforced it by now after years.
Unfortunately, it's not the companies' rule; it's YouTube's own rule; and YouTube has chosen to take a hard line on rule compliance as of January 16th, 2018.

Even more unfortunately for those who chose to ignore this rule and hope they could "slide by" by joining a multi-channel network, YouTube has ordered MCNs to eject any channel which either doesn't meet the new YPP eligibility requirements, or which has potentially non-monetizable or violative content.

As I mentioned before, you will need to get your channel into fully YPP eligible status, connect an Adsense account, and wait for your channel to be reviewed by YouTube's Compliance Team; then hope you are accepted into the Partner Program.

And as announced yesterday by a YouTube Community Manager on the official Help Forum, the goalpost has just been moved again.

Reviews are now expected to be completed by the end of June.

Back