Where to monetize video content apart from YouTube and Facebook?

It really depends on your video content and what your audience wants. If you can line something up that works you can make money, and there's usually a lot of options for that. So then, you want to pick what will make the most money with the least hassle.

So that idea could definitely work, but it may be more difficult to execute than some alternative, like simply recommending existing Amazon products as an affiliate. Again, however, digital products will always have a higher margin whether you're a producer or affiliate, plus they're much easier to deliver, so I usually tend toward those.

Dealing with suppliers in Asia can be a nightmare, in my experience, if you're creating a custom product.

Thank you Justin! You helped a lot...

I've managed to get enough interest in my audio to spawn a Record Label from my YouTube output.

I'm not into creating courses, because I am not yet a recognized "authority" in any field except hypnosis; and hypnosis trainers are a dime a dozen these days. So I created a sub-niche of New Age Music (Hypnotic Soundscapes) with a unique sound; and managed to get enough traction off of it that other Ambient musicians are now using it as a keyword for their own YouTube videos.

So now, in addition to my YouTube presence (and a few other video portals), I'm on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon Digital, and many other major online audio distributors. This path will definitely not be for everyone; but I'm throwing it out as just one possibility for diversification.

I've managed to get enough interest in my audio to spawn a Record Label from my YouTube output.

I'm not into creating courses, because I am not yet a recognized "authority" in any field except hypnosis; and hypnosis trainers are a dime a dozen these days. So I created a sub-niche of New Age Music (Hypnotic Soundscapes) with a unique sound; and managed to get enough traction off of it that other Ambient musicians are now using it as a keyword for their own YouTube videos.

So now, in addition to my YouTube presence (and a few other video portals), I'm on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon Digital, and many other major online audio distributors. This path will definitely not be for everyone; but I'm throwing it out as just one possibility for diversification.

Wow... I'm at a loss for words a little bit.... and in a very good way. Thank you for sharing your story! I like your story. And I like your stuff! This track in your link is beautiful...

What I'm strongly reminded after reading your reply is how important is the ability to learn from the lessons and methods of any story of any genre, know them and if need be - apply them.

This is just beautiful... You made my day; believe or not...

Wow... I'm at a loss for words a little bit.... and in a very good way. Thank you for sharing your story! I like your story. And I like your stuff! This track in your link is beautiful...

What I'm strongly reminded after reading your reply is how important is the ability to learn from the lessons and methods of any story of any genre, know them and if need be - apply them.

This is just beautiful... You made my day; believe or not...
You're very welcome. Now all I need is YouTube's reply on my query of whether or not having my distributor monetize that very video on my behalf will get me in trouble with the YPP. Creator Support sent me to the Copyright Dept; who has tried to flip me back to Creator Support...

Wish me luck!

Back