Where to monetize video content apart from YouTube and Facebook?

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I can't seem to find any other platform where you can upload and monetize videos apart from Facebook and YouTube. All I could find are some marketing platforms with completely different business models mostly for online marketing videos... I would post on other platforms just to share and spread my work even if it's not possible to monetize, but do you know of any platform where you can monetize video content other than YouTube and Facebook?

Reactions: Justin West

Justin West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What are those marketing platforms? If you could list them I'd really appreciate it!

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I would post on other platforms just to share and spread my work even if it's not possible to monetize...

Depending on the subject of your videos, you could look into DailyMotion or Vimeo.

Beyond those and the before mentioned YouTube and Facebook, there aren't any other places (that I know of) to garner any real amount of views.

Reactions: Broccoli Shmoccoli

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
What are those marketing platforms? If you could list them I'd really appreciate it!
Hey Justin. Yes. I went back to search for the "marketing platforms" I stumbled across when doing research where to monetize and the "marketing platforms" for the most part seem to actually be video creation platforms targeted for marketers. Oh man. Cringefest...

When I was doing research as soon as saw it wasn't something useful I went to the next thing without trying to articulate it properly for what it is... I guess I should go back to articulate it before I posted the thread here. I apologize if I caused confusion.[DOUBLEPOST=1512777446,1512777179][/DOUBLEPOST]
Depending on the subject of your videos, you could look into DailyMotion or Vimeo.

Beyond those and the before mentioned YouTube and Facebook, there aren't any other places (that I know of) to garner any real amount of views.
Thank you for the info! Yes apart from Vimeo and DailyMotion I heard that VidMe is getting more and more popular and saw quite a bit of various content on there...[DOUBLEPOST=1512777615][/DOUBLEPOST]Their logline - or motto - which you see displayed when you go to VidMe is actually "make videos, make friends, make money"

Reactions: Justin West

Jiri82pi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Justin. Yes. I went back to search for the "marketing platforms" I stumbled across when doing research where to monetize and the "marketing platforms" for the most part seem to actually be video creation platforms targeted for marketers. Oh man. Cringefest...

When I was doing research as soon as saw it wasn't something useful I went to the next thing without trying to articulate it properly for what it is... I guess I should go back to articulate it before I posted the thread here. I apologize if I caused confusion.[DOUBLEPOST=1512777446,1512777179][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you for the info! Yes apart from Vimeo and DailyMotion I heard that VidMe is getting more and more popular and saw quite a bit of various content on there...[DOUBLEPOST=1512777615][/DOUBLEPOST]Their logline - or motto - which you see displayed when you go to VidMe is actually "make videos, make friends, make money"

VidMe is over..... this is on their homepage: "We’re sad to announce that Vidme will be shutting down on December 15th. " and DailyMotion is absolute disaster....- Vimeo depends on whether someone decides to support you. There is chines equivalent of youtube - youku.com but it´s very difficult to sign up (must have Chinese mobile number). Facebook has plans to monetize videos with ads in the future (not specified). So the only platform left is YT. :-(

Justin West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

When I was doing research as soon as saw it wasn't something useful I went to the next thing without trying to articulate it properly for what it is... I guess I should go back to articulate it before I posted the thread here. I apologize if I caused confusion."
No worries and Thank You!

If you all have audiences (5k views/mo+ in general) and you provide value, you should consider more strategic ways of monetization that you control. I'm working with a couple YouTubers and we're making courses, eBooks, and collaborating with existing products to create sales funnels off the video traffic.

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
No worries and Thank You!

If you all have audiences (5k views/mo+ in general) and you provide value, you should consider more strategic ways of monetization that you control. I'm working with a couple YouTubers and we're making courses, eBooks, and collaborating with existing products to create sales funnels off the video traffic.
Now that is awesome..! I'm actually thinking a lot about the different ways of monetizing threw YouTube. Basically, if I learned anything watching other YouTubers is that coming up with a product of your own and promote it threw your content is something which makes so much sense that it makes me want to giggle every time I think about it. The video content of course has to serve it's own purpose of entertainment / education etc. meaning you shouldn't make only promotional videos for the product you make, but has to be awesome content which people consume, and at the end of your videos mention and promote that product like you would an affiliate product. But this one is yours! ... If you manage to come up with a product which is actually within the field of your content genre, and people like it, than that's even better! A memorable example which comes to mind is the Curiosity Box of Vsauce... We are talking about that sort of thing right?[DOUBLEPOST=1512872482,1512872193][/DOUBLEPOST]
VidMe is over..... this is on their homepage: "We’re sad to announce that Vidme will be shutting down on December 15th. " and DailyMotion is absolute disaster....- Vimeo depends on whether someone decides to support you. There is chines equivalent of youtube - youku.com but it´s very difficult to sign up (must have Chinese mobile number). Facebook has plans to monetize videos with ads in the future (not specified). So the only platform left is YT. :-(
Thank you for this insight!

Justin West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A memorable example which comes to mind is the Curiosity Box of Vsauce... We are talking about that sort of thing right?
The Curiosity Box is a really nice product, but here's my experience: making products is ridiculously hard. I've made 23 different products in my entrepreneurial career, across almost every industry and category you can imagine. Physical product creation is especially brutal, and has a lower profit margin. Digital products have better margins but are also hard to produce.

The best products for 90% of content creators have already been made by someone else, but you need a lot of knowledge about affiliate joint-ventures and where to find those products (notice I'm talking multiple products).

The best way to convert these products is through email. With a smart marketing process you can literally ask each subscriber what they would pay for and then automatically recommend it to them and convert. I've seen this work over and over again. You can't do this in your videos because then you look like a sellout--some people get away with it, but only when their channel is already considered a product review channel.

Consider email a private room where you can grant wishes, and the internet is a magic genie that grants those wishes to your subscribers, while providing you with some of the revenue. Your YouTube videos establish enough credibility or interest to attract people into your email list.

When your audience gets big enough, or you have enough interest and credibility to justify the investment, you can make and sell your own products, PLUS you can open those products up for other people to sell as affiliates. This is the place everybody online wants to be.

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
This is awesome and very helpful.Thank you man! Let me ask you what do you think about the idea of rebranding products you buy on a large scale in Asia and promote them in videos as affiliate products on Amazon and not in your online store (of the blog)? :)

Again and very sincerely - Thank you for this!! It really is a privilege to read this.

Justin West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Let me ask you what do you think about the idea of rebranding products you buy on a large scale in Asia and promote them in videos as affiliate products on Amazon and not in your online store (of the blog)? :)
It really depends on your video content and what your audience wants. If you can line something up that works you can make money, and there's usually a lot of options for that. So then, you want to pick what will make the most money with the least hassle.

So that idea could definitely work, but it may be more difficult to execute than some alternative, like simply recommending existing Amazon products as an affiliate. Again, however, digital products will always have a higher margin whether you're a producer or affiliate, plus they're much easier to deliver, so I usually tend toward those.

Dealing with suppliers in Asia can be a nightmare, in my experience, if you're creating a custom product.