Where to market your videos (small new channel)??

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm in the same boat, I don't really know what else to suggest but just be mindful that Reddit is a horrible, horrible place for content creators of any stripe unless you're already well known within one of the subreddit communities.

Honestly, I don't get it with Reddit. The site's purpose is basically to share links, but as soon as you post something you've made (which is related to a subreddit) people get mad! The thing is, nobody seems to care that there are quite obviously syndicates (or bots) running on that site pushing certain content, yet as soon as someone new comes along they're treated like s**t.
reddit users definitely can have an attitude. I much prefer using instagram and twitter. My twitter game sucks right now though I need to work on it

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Offtopic.

Sit on your hands.
That is a phrase first time heard for me. Guess means have patience.

Bottomline: I suck ay youtube, but my English are getting so better and better every day!

:) :p :D

Reactions: Crown

NatashaC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This has been a very helpful thread, I had never even heard of sharree.com until I read this. Driving traffic to my videos has been a bit of an issue lately, it's strange because I've had videos in the past get over 100k views without doing any real SEO or much promotion at all however more recently I've had videos struggle to reach 200 in the first 48 hours. It's a tough process but I guess its all about trying new things until you find something that works for you!

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This has been a very helpful thread, I had never even heard of sharree.com until I read this. Driving traffic to my videos has been a bit of an issue lately, it's strange because I've had videos in the past get over 100k views without doing any real SEO or much promotion at all however more recently I've had videos struggle to reach 200 in the first 48 hours. It's a tough process but I guess its all about trying new things until you find something that works for you!
I think that views can depend on what the content of the video is. I bet your more popular videos are about trending topics at the time they were released

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
My largest place to promote by far has been Facebook. There are a few groups for my game, and I try to stay active within there which people see me as kind of a subject matter expert. Not saying FB will be the best place for you, but find a place that has an active following and contribute there often.

As for Reddit, I have mixed feelings. I started there and it gave me a bit of a jump, but there are some very toxic people that are there. I went to FB, and haven't really touched Reddit since.

Reactions: Kruchiver