Where to market your videos (small new channel)??

The Matt Diaries

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You're on the right track, the key is just staying consistent and perseverance. Best of luck [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kruchiver

Kruchiver

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I understand. It's not easy to keep videos short but you have to bear in mind: People on the internet have the attention span of an ant! They are bombarded with links to click, articles to read, memes to laugh at and videos to watch. You have to keep it short. :) A 20 minute videos is about the length of an episode of a TV sitcom (minus the ads) - They are shows with million dollar budgets and are great entertainment but even then, I know people who get restless halfway through!
I took you're advice and just uploaded a new video that is only about minutes long and tried to cut out the fluff and get right into the action. I will be interesting to see the stats on retention etc when they stat to come in.

Thanks again for taking the time to share a response.

Reactions: Crown

evnanonymous

Reaction score
there is one thing, in fact, youre missing my friend

adwords

adwords is paying for advertisement - im not sure if its only limited to youtube or google, or if you can pay to get videos advertised on reddit as well

its something you might want to look into if youre willing to invest 10-20 USD into your channel/as an experiment

Kruchiver

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
there is one thing, in fact, youre missing my friend

adwords

adwords is paying for advertisement - im not sure if its only limited to youtube or google, or if you can pay to get videos advertised on reddit as well

its something you might want to look into if youre willing to invest 10-20 USD into your channel/as an experiment
I literally signed up last night. Spent US$30 in 24 hours. Got about 40 clicks, but no subs and I am not 100% sure youtube real time analytics has recognised any views. Will need to wait until the full analytics are updated.

Reactions: evnanonymous

evnanonymous

Reaction score
I literally signed up last night. Spent US$30 in 24 hours. Got about 40 clicks, but no subs and I am not 100% sure youtube real time analytics has recognised any views. Will need to wait until the full analytics are updated.
we're in sync man :p

30 USD is an interesting experiment

anecdotally, i just found a post on reddit in which someone spent 20 USD, which resulted in 600 views, with engagement dropping off considerably after the ad-campaign ended

im not sure what type of channel he has, what the ad said and where he placed it though, which are all important factors to maximize its effectiveness

still, 600 views isnt bad, but it doesnt sound like he was able to convert that traffic to anything meaningful unfortunately

remember to target specific locations when you launch your campaign, so you dont waste money advertising something for an audience that doesnt speak english (unless thats your audience) :)

additionally, though im sure youve already thought of this, the type of video you advertise is important as well

also, there might be benefits to spreading out your budget instead of using everything in a short period of time (like 2 USD a day instead of 20 USD a day). you might get better traffic on a friday compared to a sunday

ive read that sometimes the realtime analytics have a tough time catching up, and there have been issues with it previously, but realistically it should register every view, even if someone clicks off the video immediately without even watching a second. thats my understanding at least

remember to keep us updated :D

justread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I also try adwords and worked perfect for me. I was promoting all of my videos and the results were great. I even gained several subscribers but my watch time increased with +999% !!!

Kruchiver

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
we're in sync man :p

30 USD is an interesting experiment

anecdotally, i just found a post on reddit in which someone spent 20 USD, which resulted in 600 views, with engagement dropping off considerably after the ad-campaign ended

im not sure what type of channel he has, what the ad said and where he placed it though, which are all important factors to maximize its effectiveness

still, 600 views isnt bad, but it doesnt sound like he was able to convert that traffic to anything meaningful unfortunately

remember to target specific locations when you launch your campaign, so you dont waste money advertising something for an audience that doesnt speak english (unless thats your audience) :)

additionally, though im sure youve already thought of this, the type of video you advertise is important as well

also, there might be benefits to spreading out your budget instead of using everything in a short period of time (like 2 USD a day instead of 20 USD a day). you might get better traffic on a friday compared to a sunday

ive read that sometimes the realtime analytics have a tough time catching up, and there have been issues with it previously, but realistically it should register every view, even if someone clicks off the video immediately without even watching a second. thats my understanding at least

remember to keep us updated :D
I just ran the ad for 24 hours and it didn't result in much. I got 50 clicks but no subs. Mind you, the link was to my channel page which should have registered views of the video I had set as my channel trailer, but nothing of note. It was an experiment worth trying, but probably something I wouldn't do again anytime soon. I dont know, perhaps if you have a look at my channel and look at it from the point of view that you have an interest in marbles and hot wheels and tell me if you think it has any appeal? Any feedback would be great

Reactions: evnanonymous