When your friend watches your video with you...

Do you feel awkward watching your videos with somebody?

• It is awkward

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • It's alright

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • It has never happened to me

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
I only let a couple of my friends know about my channel and they've never watched it with me though. However, just the thought of watching it with them makes me feel awkward :notworthy2:

Its definitely a little strange. Sending videos to friends for feedback is one thing. But on the same couch is a little strange.

I was at Christmas with my extended family and a few of their friends and they decided to show some of my videos because they hadn't seen them before. Watching the magic tricks parts were okay but the outros and other parts where I talked to the camera were awkward.

I haven't told any of my friends that I do this yet but I got a message yesterday on fb from a guy I haven't talked to in years. He sent me a pic of his TV and there I was. He found me accidentally. It was embarrasing but he had nothing but compliments and subscribed. In the long run it was a good boost for me because he is one of the people that would rip on me if he thought what I was doing was dumb (we grew up together its not picking on me its busting my a**) and to have him like it helped me get up and make another one today

It depends entirely on the context. If it's a coworker, then the whole, "Yeah, I'm a puppeteer in my spare time" conversation can be a little awkward, but I have gotten to the point where I'm proud of the stuff I do, so it's not too bad. If it's someone I know from other creative pursuits, like theater or writing, I feel more a pressure that I want them to like the videos on an artistic level, or to at least find them amusing or funny.

Occasionally, I'll post my stage plays, and those I share much more widely than my other videos, because they took a lot more time and other people to bring to life. Those ones, I often find the most difficult to sit with other people and watch, because I'll watch their faces much more than the video, and that can be a little bit disconcerting for them.

I am usually very nervous. I am a different person in some of my videos then what they know me as and I am scared that when they see me like that it will change there opinions about me. I am very happy that i do the channel with two of my best friends, so i have them to share the experience with!

Yeah I get so uncomfortable when I notice someone is watching one of my videos when I'm in the room but when they start laughing I'm relieved because it means they're enjoying it and that feeling of watching people actually enjoy my video's, its the best feeling ♡

I usually don't share about it too much unless I'm with close friends or people I know do youtube as well.
But this also reminds me of this thing that happened to me in high school. My classmates were aware of me doing stuff on youtube and someday ( I don't recall the circumstances to be honest) decided to watch my stuff in the IT lab (much to my embarassement I'd add). Luckily it was the video I had put the most effort in so they weren't disappointed. At the outro I got a round of applauses. It's also amusing that the lab teacher was there and found interesting the fact I was doing that and it pointed out that's some interesting stuff to know as well.

Back