When to create a 2nd channel?

ApexxWolf

I make Cartoons and Animations :)
I honestly don't have a problem with people having separate channels for different types of content. The most common being Vlogging and Gaming channels if that isn't already your primary channel.

I would like to have a gaming channel but a tip i heard changed my views on having one.

The tip that i heard from Phillip Defranco (someone who I don't really agree on a lot of things xD) which i do agree on is that "if you're serious about wanting to grow you're main channel then you should't create another channel until you've gained a lot of popularity on Youtube which is usually around 100,000 subscriber or more as a good indicator".

The reason for this is so that you don't lose focus in growing your main channel. You have to put even more effort into having another channel.

The video below explains it more from phillyD:
ww w.youtube.com/watch?v=UgGGNOv1tVI&feature=youtu.be (remove space in URL)

What are your guys opinions?

I really think its about time and dedication,if you can balance the time between 2 channels... Then why not?

Yeah that is really good advice he gave you because your audience will come to the new channel and you can have support off the back instead of start from 0 up

I really think its about time and dedication,if you can balance the time between 2 channels... Then why not?
yeah definitely, if you have the time and effort to put into both channels equally then why not? especially if it makes you happy. I personally would like to have a gaming channel but then I know my self that it would take too much time from when i should be animating :/

It is best to use a second channel when you are quite large on YouTube (100k subs) otherwise there really is no point. You might as well just focus entirely on your main channel until the right time comes.

I would definitely agree. I am sort of stuck since I am really busy with other stuff right now, but I have a similar thing going on. I have a gaming channel which is my main channel, but I have been thinking about doing daily vlogs as well. I personally think I might start those, but keep it gaming related, and upload it to my main channel in addition to the content I normally put up.

It is best to use a second channel when you are quite large on YouTube (100k subs) otherwise there really is no point. You might as well just focus entirely on your main channel until the right time comes.
Agreed :) It might even be less that 100k subs its just whnever it feels like you have a big following that you know that a large percentage would also support you on your second channel :)

Personally I don't really believe in having two channels unless its for something drastically different that people won't associate with, like another company or collab channel. Now I'm in no way bashing people who have two, good on you and I wish you success but why not put it all in one.

Although it may not work as I'm about to explain, I see it as why can't you upload say Vlogs and Gaming on one, and then some subs will watch your Vlog and others the gaming. I think over time they would learn to adapt, and starting earlier with this would be better as the subs are not suited to one style.

I therefore wouldn't have two channels, if I suddenly decided to do a Vlog I'd just throw it in randomly into my main channel. Just my opinion though, everyone is right and nobody wrong :D

I would definitely agree. I am sort of stuck since I am really busy with other stuff right now, but I have a similar thing going on. I have a gaming channel which is my main channel, but I have been thinking about doing daily vlogs as well. I personally think I might start those, but keep it gaming related, and upload it to my main channel in addition to the content I normally put up.
Sounds good bro and I would agree to keep the vlogging on your main channel until your big enough to move it over to another channel. I would also agree that vlogging is a good way to let your audience get to know your more personally to build up a better relationship which is something that I would want to do in the future :D[DOUBLEPOST=1366201859,1366201690][/DOUBLEPOST]
Personally I don't really believe in having two channels unless its for something drastically different that people won't associate with, like another company or collab channel. Now I'm in no way bashing people who have two, good on you and I wish you success but why not put it all in one.

Although it may not work as I'm about to explain, I see it as why can't you upload say Vlogs and Gaming on one, and then some subs will watch your Vlog and others the gaming. I think over time they would learn to adapt, and starting earlier with this would be better as the subs are not suited to one style.

I therefore wouldn't have two channels, if I suddenly decided to do a Vlog I'd just throw it in randomly into my main channel. Just my opinion though, everyone is right and nobody wrong :D
100% agreed xD having a second channels also usually (not all) get left out at times and not properly "looked after" for lack of a better term.

Back