When is many, too many?

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
So I started organizing my channels/videos and here's what i was thinking. Tell me if this is too much and if so, how you'd organize it.

Main Channel - Th3StuffShow - Random sketches, shorts, music videos etc...

2nd Channel - Th3OtherStuff - Vlogs and other random videos

3rd Channel - Th3MusicStuff - Where I will be uploading beats and instrumentals for people to use
on their channels and videos royalty free.

4th Channel - TheMoppingStranger - For the Mopping Stranger Videos
(this one is to eventually be managed by the mopping stranger himself, so it'ss a for sure channel. )

thoughts, comments?

Yeah, I would have said it was over kill, but one of those channels is basically for another person, and another one is dedicated to material you'll be creating for others which is less about the channel itself and more about the people who use what you create. So when you think about it, YOUR real channels are just the vlog channel and the entertainment channel and that's perfectly logical. I through both of mine together because my vlogs channel wasn't growing very quickly, and I tend to be pretty humorous and entertaining in my vlogs so I figured if I make people aware that I upload certain things on certain days then I DOUBT I'll lose too many subscribers who wanted music and saw me vlog or something, at least I HOPE not!

I almost want to create a channel for arts and crafts too...

See another side of me is crafts, heck part of my living is doing crafts with kids. so I was going to make a channel for that, where i could teach how to draw, make origami, and things like that.

I'm afraid that if I put those types of videos that they won't appeal to my current viewers.... argh, I'm not sure anymore.
--- merged: Mar 27, 2012 4:31 PM ---
Part of me is like.. well thats who you are, just add those videos to your Th3Stuffshow channel anyway.

I almost want to create a channel for arts and crafts too...

See another side of me is crafts, heck part of my living is doing crafts with kids. so I was going to make a channel for that, where i could teach how to draw, make origami, and things like that.

I'm afraid that if I put those types of videos that they won't appeal to my current viewers.... argh, I'm not sure anymore.
--- merged: Mar 27, 2012 4:31 PM ---
Part of me is like.. well thats who you are, just add those videos to your Th3Stuffshow channel anyway.
Do you think you can make videos that show arts and crafts, are kid appropriate, and STILL would be funny for adult viewers? If you can pull that off you can turn it into a "teaching sketch" and you won't have compromised your channel.

My opinion is, when you're just starting out and people are just discovering you, it can be confusing when you have separate channels for every different thing you plan on doing. I would say pick about 3 things that you enjoy doing the most and just focus on that and as you and your audience grows, then branch off to other channels. That's just how I would do it.

You're right, I shouldn't over do it. I guess it comes down to, you can't please everyone and they can always use the playlists.

I like the idea of making crafts entertaining and funny.

Thank you

You're right, I shouldn't over do it. I guess it comes down to, you can't please everyone and they can always use the playlists.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing right now with my channel. Though I will say, if you really the need to have a second channel, I would use that solely for vlogging because it's so different from what you're doing right now on the 'main channel'. Do you get what I mean? That's the only thing I would feel like wouldn't 'fit'.

Yeh, when people are big on youtube, their main channel is what they are most well known for doing - the videos that made them famous, and then often, they make a second channel which is purely something else (generally the kind of thing the viewers are interested in seeing e.g. behind the scenes and vlogging).

Hmm... It's mostly that the vlogs I create now and the drawing video, and buckyballs video, and most likely my future craft videos are my lowest viewed videos, so I assume that's because not everyone like them as much as my sketches, puppets and music videos. So I got to thinking that perhaps the crafts and vlogs should have their own channel.

Back