When do you get a Header for your channel?

Olly Green

I've Got It
Hey guys, I'm new here so sorry if this has been already posted or if it is posted in the wrong place. So I became a partner recently and I can have customizable thumbnails, invideo programming, and montenisation etc. and I've been searching all over google for answer and people say 'You get an email' or 'You have to have a certain amount of views to get a header' so may I ask, how many views / subscribers do you need for this header? And should I even be checking for an email, or does a change just randomly happen to your channel to allow you to upload a header? Thanks for the help, youtubers :)

Are you "youtube partner" or partnered with a network? Otherwise you can set a banner height where you can add the background of youtube.

Are you "youtube partner" or partnered with a network? Otherwise you can set a banner height where you can add the background of youtube.
Also there is no option to upload a banner :( so I was just wondering when I would maybe get one? Or what I need to be able to upload one?

Everyone has customisable thumbnails, invideo programming, and montenisation now. It has been made standard. So unless you are partnered with a network, then you are not actually a partner.

Hey guys, I'm new here so sorry if this has been already posted or if it is posted in the wrong place. So I became a partner recently and I can have customizable thumbnails, invideo programming, and montenisation etc. and I've been searching all over google for answer and people say 'You get an email' or 'You have to have a certain amount of views to get a header' so may I ask, how many views / subscribers do you need for this header? And should I even be checking for an email, or does a change just randomly happen to your channel to allow you to upload a header? Thanks for the help, youtubers :)

There are different kinds of partner on youTube these days. The type you are, is a monetization partner essentially; you can put ads and custom thumbs (after 30 days of good standing) but that's it. To become a 'proper' Partner with all those lovely added benefits, you need to wait until you get about 30k a month views, and adequate subs. Then, if your account is all above board, YouTube will likely contact you about it. Or you can apply to a network, but you usually need about the same views. Hope that helps!

I'm a youtube partner as youtube offered it to me, and I just accepted :p
In that case you do not get a banner.
They call it partner but youtube just offers some extra options.
for the full options you will need to look for a network like Socialblade, The game station, creatorx, fullscreen, makers studios, RPM, Machinima, Pixel Enemy

There are different kinds of partner on youTube these days. The type you are, is a monetization partner essentially; you can put ads and custom thumbs (after 30 days of good standing) but that's it. To become a 'proper' Partner with all those lovely added benefits, you need to wait until you get about 30k a month views, and adequate subs. Then, if your account is all above board, YouTube will likely contact you about it. Or you can apply to a network, but you usually need about the same views. Hope that helps!
Thankyou so much! So do you recommend applying to a network, or is it best to just wait for a youtube partnership? :)

Thankyou so much! So do you recommend applying to a network, or is it best to just wait for a youtube partnership? :)

Networks seem to be the way to go these days. Not only do they deal with all the squiffy legalities (and allow you a certain amount of copyright content like videogame footage, etc) but they also help with further subs/views. I'll be honest I'm only about 70-80% sure if YouTube still offer THAT kind of partnership. Hmm, worth looking into actually. I assume they do, but they may've changed it to simply earn money from everyone, and existing partners keep their banners kind of thing.

Networks seem to be the way to go these days. Not only do they deal with all the squiffy legalities (and allow you a certain amount of copyright content like videogame footage, etc) but they also help with further subs/views. I'll be honest I'm only about 70-80% sure if YouTube still offer THAT kind of partnership. Hmm, worth looking into actually. I assume they do, but they may've changed it to simply earn money from everyone, and existing partners keep their banners kind of thing.
Okay, thankyou! Which is in your opinion, the best network to get a partnership from? :)

Back