Whats your watch time?

My watch time is only usually 2.2k - 3k minuets a month (which is like.. 40-50 hours, I believe?) and my subscriber count is no where near 1k yet!
I mean, I can hope for the best, but I honestly don't ever expect to get anywhere with my channel, I just don't think I have it in me hahah

My sons watch time this year is 1143 minutes and my daughters is 3445 minutes. Though its the subs that are low for them both currently - making steady progress though. :D

I have ~156,000 hours in the last year. I've probably made my best content this year out of all 4 years though, so that helped. I've put a lot of pressure(maybe too much) on myself this year.

My advice for reaching the 4,000 mark would be to make sure you have some content that is searchable and where you can get a good view duration average so that you have a continuous source of watchtime. If you only have subscribers watching short view durations it is hard, but when you have a stream of new viewers to videos where they watch 3-4 mins each I think the 4,000 is much easier than the 1,000 subs part. It also obviously helps the more videos you have doing this because then they all add up.

Last edited:
My watchtime is 113,643 hours for the last 30 days on the main channel and 4,538 hours on the second channel ((according to analytics). I am planning some new video series that will hopefully increase my (now slowly) decreasing watchtime, but I always postpone it until I at least improve a little my non-native English accent.

My watchtime is 113,643 hours for the last 30 days on the main channel and 4,538 hours on the second channel ((according to analytics). I am planning some new video series that will hopefully increase my (now slowly) decreasing watchtime, but I always postpone it until I at least improve a little my non-native English accent.
Nice, that's more than my 30-day watchtime hours. Doesn't help that my average view duration is about 33 seconds.

Watch time/365d: 435h (old analytics)
Watch time/365d:26,078.5min (new analytics) which calculates to about the same amount of hours.
Still off the goal by a factor of almost 10.

Subscriber count is off by a factor of 5. (210-ish subs)

If those figures somewhat relate to the amount of published content, I should publish more than thrice what I have now. Will hardly be able to keep pace with that.

I was monetized before they changed the rules... *sigh*

My current watchtime for the last 30 days was 2,202 hours. I hit the 4,000 hour requirement in February. I am glad I do not have to fight to make that deadline. Subs I am good too as I am sitting at 5.4K right now. Just as long as they don't raise the bar further I should be fine with what I am doing.

My watchtime for the last 30 days was 11,409 minutes, which really bothers me, because I don't have the subs to be monetized, but I'm overqualified in watch time. And watch time is what matters. Subs don't guarantee you views and people watching your ads. I could literally buy the remaining 500 subs, and that would be it all it would take to monetize me. But I'm not a fan of that idea, especially since I like the idea of my channel not being terminated. LOL

Back