What videos should smaller youtubers avoid?

Smaller YouTubers should avoid videos they are not passionate about. Other than that, go for it. If someone sends you a question that you have an answer for, and you're really passionate about that topic... then make a video for it if you want. Never know where it will lead.

Gaming, vlogs, anything with the word "guru" in it, Skits, Tags, Collabs, or tutorials!
These would never work because they're all stupid.
I think everyone should start out with animation because it is good and it's really the best choice for new people.

(jkjkjkjkjk)

Honestly, as it's been said already, really anything that has to do with audience interaction. Such as (like you said) Q/As, Collabs, Contests, and even stuff like Update videos are kind of pointless. If you have 20-30 subscribers I don't think there's much of a point in uploading a video telling about how and why you were inactive for a week or two.

Gaming, vlogs, anything with the word "guru" in it, Skits, Tags, Collabs, or tutorials!
These would never work because they're all stupid.
I think everyone should start out with animation because it is good and it's really the best choice for new people.

(jkjkjkjkjk)

Honestly, as it's been said already, really anything that has to do with audience interaction. Such as (like you said) Q/As, Collabs, Contests, and even stuff like Update videos are kind of pointless. If you have 20-30 subscribers I don't think there's much of a point in uploading a video telling about how and why you were inactive for a week or two.

I think an 'update' would only be useful if its a 20 secon part of a 4 min video talking about other things, Dont dedicate a whole video too it, Nobody will care! (no offence people>.) But including it in a regular video I think gives what viewers you do have the impression that you know the schedule is being messed up and you're sorry ect!
But yes, I agree!

I agree with the Q and A and the collabs.
However I did a would you rather video asking a question and I got lovely response even though I am really small in terms of subscribers so that was wicked.
I think small you tubers should avoid copying other youtubers they should find their own style and personality. Just because you love zoella doesn't mean you should act like her in your videos

I agree with the Q and A and the collabs.
However I did a would you rather video asking a question and I got lovely response even though I am really small in terms of subscribers so that was wicked.
I think small you tubers should avoid copying other youtubers they should find their own style and personality. Just because you love zoella doesn't mean you should act like her in your videos

Yeah you're so right, People get into the habit of just copying other youtubers because they got famous that way, It doesn't really work and it just annoys people in a lot of cases!
I don't think I have any kind of actual fan following, I could be wrong, But I don't seem to get any replies in the comments and if I do, they're from different people rather than a select few..
I guess that's what i need to aim for!

Yeah you're so right, People get into the habit of just copying other youtubers because they got famous that way, It doesn't really work and it just annoys people in a lot of cases!
I don't think I have any kind of actual fan following, I could be wrong, But I don't seem to get any replies in the comments and if I do, they're from different people rather than a select few..
I guess that's what i need to aim for!
My most lovely and supportive subscribers are from ytalk, and I happen to love their stuff as well so I get support and entertainment. win win

Well it depends what you call small youtuber cause I am a small youtuber and people ask me questions here and there and the same questions comes back a lot.

So I wanted to do a Q and A but changed it to a Japan tag video :wub: I will make it for my 10 years in Japan in April.

I am thinking to have a Q & A as a trailer for my channel also :happy2:

Sometimes you just need to try.

As for nicknames I do not have one for my subs but do not mind people creating one actually.
There are very few big youtubers that does not mean you cannot create your own community even if it is tiny :yttalk:

Back