What videos should smaller youtubers avoid?

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Obviously, Not saying that I think smaller youtubers CAN'T do these videos, But I feel like there are a few kinds of videos that you would need a larger fanbase to do well..

For example,
Q and A videos,
I feel like you need at good few subscribers that really care about your chanel to pull off a good Q and A video, because (in my opinion) the less people you have subscribed, the less people who are going to care about your persona life...
(Wow, That sounds real harsh, I apologise, But i hope you can see where I'm coming from!)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's not harsh, it makes perfect sense. Also I think doing collaboration videos featuring other YouTubers or even just friends is a bad idea at first, as you need to give your viewers the chance to get to know you, with no other distractions. That's just my opinion though.

Reactions: 1toughsoul

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It's not harsh, it makes perfect sense. Also I think doing collaboration videos featuring other YouTubers or even just friends is a bad idea at first, as you need to give your viewers the chance to get to know you, with no other distractions. That's just my opinion though.
Yeah, I agree, totally!
A lot of people do collabs with slightly larger YouTubers to get their name out more, or just to get more views..
I can't say if that's a good or bad thing, I guess neither, depends on if you're just using the person or not!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, I agree, totally!
A lot of people do collabs with slightly larger YouTubers to get their name out more, or just to get more views..
I can't say if that's a good or bad thing, I guess neither, depends on if you're just using the person or not!
I think the problem that often occurs when a new comer collaborates with a larger YouTuber, is that they subconsciously 'suck-up' them. Because of this they appear not to have a character of their own, and so few people are interested enough to check them out. This isn't because they're boring, but because they're new they're rather shy on camera; so they accidentally mirror what the more experienced, more confident person is doing.

Ian W.

Saiyan Warrior!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Q and A videos,
I feel like you need at good few subscribers that really care about your chanel to pull off a good Q and A video
Definitely! I did one to celebrate hitting 500 subs a little while ago and not a lot of people asked questions. I got a good amount of questions though, luckily those who asked asked multiple questions so the video came out pretty good :) I think QnA's would be the biggest type of video for "smaller YouTubers" to avoid. I can't really think of anything else to be completely honest!

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Definitely! I did one to celebrate hitting 500 subs a little while ago and not a lot of people asked questions. I got a good amount of questions though, luckily those who asked asked multiple questions so the video came out pretty good :) I think QnA's would be the biggest type of video for "smaller YouTubers" to avoid. I can't really think of anything else to be completely honest!
I can't wait until I get big enough to do a Q&A! That's one of the videos I really want to get to do.. One day..!!

Panton

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'll say how to grow your channel videos could be one but maybe if you been around youtube long enough maybe you'll know how to grow your channel but are still small. And maybe giveaway videos as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1427240647,1427240599][/DOUBLEPOST]Yeah Q&A videos seem like fun to do.

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator, Designer, Other
What videos that probably small youtubers should avoid is "asking subscribers" to answer your question / ask a question / doing favors / vote stuff because when you're not popular, it's gonna take a LONG freaking time and sometimes can make you embarrassing because no one do what you ask for :p

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
What videos that probably small youtubers should avoid is "asking subscribers" to answer your question / ask a question / doing favors / vote stuff because when you're not popular, it's gonna take a LONG freaking time and sometimes can make you embarrassing because no one do what you ask for :p
That's a point yeah, I find it kind of.. I wouldn't say annoying, more sad, when I see a very new, most likely younger YouTuber talk to the audience like an older, bigger Youtuber (eg. 3mil subs) would talk to the camera, Giving their subs a name and asking them to do stuff all the time and asking for comments.. It's not a bad thing to do that, but don't expect huge amounts, if any, feedback!

Idk, Might just be me who sees it that way