What software using in this video ?

KidArt Buddy

Reaction score
Hello, guys. I am watching this video and in this video they drawing automatically. Anyone knows what software are they using in this video :youtube. com/watch?v=uS-LgOaq2sE

satiricals

I've Got It
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I used it, but I think adobe's indesign & maybe photoshop; have that behavior where if you hold a certain key or use a certain tool; the lines come out slightly more circular in angle right after you draw them (i'm referring to the segment where the creator is drawing the outline).

It looks like they're drawing on a tablet that is also a monitor. Then they have trace paper taped onto the tablet with a real camera filming it. So the markers itself aren't a program but them filling in the colors to the outlines they just drew digitally.

So the outline setup shots are most likely a screen recording shot.Then they switch to a live action shot of them coloring in the outlines with the markers.

Looks like a popping formula for kid friendly content. They draw pages for coloring books then show the fun of filling them in. They should offer digital downloads of the outline pages imo. Would be a good way to keep the audience engaged.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
It looks like they're drawing on a tablet that is also a monitor. Then they have trace paper taped onto the tablet with a real camera filming it. So the markers itself aren't a program but them filling in the colors to the outlines they just drew digitally.
Sorry, but this isn't correct. It is a digital drawing, they just screen recorded their canvas. I don't know what program they use for it, as I'm only familiar with full screencapture (so including all the zooming in and turning you will do when drawing).

satiricals

I've Got It
Reaction score
Sorry, but this isn't correct. It is a digital drawing, they just screen recorded their canvas. I don't know what program they use for it, as I'm only familiar with full screencapture (so including all the zooming in and turning you will do when drawing).

How can you be sure I'm incorrect? Drawing on a tablet becomes a digital drawing. It's a tool to make digital drawing more accurate to traditional art skills (I know because my younger sister has a tablet that she uses for digital drawings). Based on that, you literally just said they are drawing with mouse when they could be using a tablet. Where's the proof that gives you this conclusive edge?

They are already using a tablet that is a monitor for the fill in the trace with color shots. That is real marker being applied to the paper; you can tell based on how the color fills in. Some spots are more saturated in color than other spots and you wouldn't get that result IF it was a digital fill in.

They could just have a very big resolution so they can digitally pan the camera coverage in post when it comes to filling in the color.

Last edited:

Dutchie Abroad

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
How can you be sure I'm incorrect? Drawing on a tablet becomes a digital drawing. It's a tool to make digital drawing more accurate to traditional art skills (I know because my younger sister has a tablet that she uses for digital drawings). Based on that, you literally just said they are drawing with mouse when they could be using a tablet. Where's the proof that gives you this conclusive edge?
I was correcting that you said they were drawing with trace paper over their tablet and recording that. They are just using a digital drawing tablet and screenrecording their computer screen. I know this because I draw digitally myself and have done screen recordings before. I'm also a 100% sure they are drawing those lines digitally, because they are using vector lines. That is what the rather wonky lines become smooth, photoshop (or other drawing programs) corrects this for you if you use vector lines.

satiricals

I've Got It
Reaction score
I was correcting that you said they were drawing with trace paper over their tablet and recording that. They are just using a digital drawing tablet and screenrecording their computer screen. I know this because I draw digitally myself and have done screen recordings before. I'm also a 100% sure they are drawing those lines digitally, because they are using vector lines. That is what the rather wonky lines become smooth, photoshop (or other drawing programs) corrects this for you if you use vector lines.
Idk why you are trying to be so petty. I never said they drew the lines in real life (like pen and paper). It wouldn't have that vector behavior UNLESS it was drawn digitally. I even mentioned software that could've been used for that behavior.

All I said is they used a tablet which in the context I used, implies digital drawing. You somehow pulled a point out of thin air to disagree with me upon.

Sure I was a bit presumptuous; but how can you say they did not use a tablet to do the digital drawing? You can very easily use the vector line tool and use a tablet as your source of input instead of a mouse. So where's the proof that they used a mouse and says I'm wrong?

If they got an expensive tablet, they are most likely using it to DIGITALLY DRAW.

Dutchie Abroad

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Idk why you are trying to be so petty. I never said they drew the lines in real life (like pen and paper). It wouldn't have that vector behavior UNLESS it was drawn digitally. I even mentioned software that could've been used for that behavior.
Sorry, but you said in your first post:
Then they have trace paper taped onto the tablet with a real camera filming it. So the markers itself aren't a program but them filling in the colors to the outlines they just drew digitally.
They aren't using a real camera, just screen capture and they aren't taping paper to their tablet, because that defies the point of having one.

I have no idea what you are so angry about. I literally quoted the part I was correcting you on to avoid confusion. I'm not pulling anything out of thin air, you are. I have not mentioned once that they are drawing with a mouse. Please quote my post where I said that. Because I don't. I literally mention that it is done digitally, not traditionally:
They are just using a digital drawing tablet
This is quoted from my previous post. So why are you saying:
but how can you say they did not use a tablet to do the digital drawing?
Because I literally said they do. So to put it in your words:
You somehow pulled a point out of thin air to disagree with me upon.

satiricals

I've Got It
Reaction score
Sorry, but you said in your first post:

They aren't using a real camera, just screen capture and they aren't taping paper to their tablet, because that defies the point of having one.

I have no idea what you are so angry about. I literally quoted the part I was correcting you on to avoid confusion. I'm not pulling anything out of thin air, you are. I have not mentioned once that they are drawing with a mouse. Please quote my post where I said that. Because I don't. I literally mention that it is done digitally, not traditionally:

This is quoted from my previous post. So why are you saying:

Because I literally said they do. So to put it in your words:
I said they drew with a tablet. You said that is incorrect. Therefore it implies you mean they drew with a mouse. I already pointed this out in a previous reply. You didn't have to say it quote for quote because you DENIED the semantics I had set up. So there, the implication is PROVEN.

2nd of all, they are drawing the fill colors with a real marker. Look how the color fills in. There are patches that are more saturated with color than other patches nearby it; same fill color. This is consistent with coloring something in with an actual marker.

Now you may think, "well gosh that defeats the purpose of having a tablet SO IT CAN'T BE TRUE" but it's a channel for kids. Maybe they want to encourage users getting a print screen of their outlines, printing them out and filling them in themselves. It doesn't have to be practical if you're trying to use a visual language to encourage a follow up action.

Because based on how the fill color comes in with each stroke of the marker, I can assure you the follow up shot where they fill in the outlines is a real life scene.

It's definitely a lot easier to have a high resolution shot for the fill in of the color than it is to animate a marker in a VFX compositor in post.

Also I'm not angry; I'm argumentative in nature. I bet we have entirely different Myer Briggs temperaments.

Super Cool Toys

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So if I wanted to make one of these videos what would I actually do and use? I own a laptop, a smart phone and an old ipad that's quite slow.
I guess I find a drawing off the Internet that want to use for the video but then what? You both seem really clever so would be very grateful for a step by step guide. Thanks very much!