what not to use when recording gameplay

MLGCodcaster

The most intense youtuber ever! xD
so if you are on youtube and want to record some gameplay for your channel i would not recommend anything that records under 720p. this includes a dazzel, easy cap, roxio and many more capture devices i see many people using. Instead i'd recommend using either an hdpvr or an elgato game capture HD. Hope this helps!

EDIT: for pc i'dd recommend fraps dxtory or bandicam(full version not the free one)

Also try not to use your built-in mic (that goes for face-cam cameras, or voice-only commentary), as it sounds echoey and picks up too much background noise. Get a pro mic or a headset. I use Turtle Beach PX-21 headphones and as you can hear the audio is crisp and clear :)

Also try not to use your built-in mic (that goes for face-cam cameras, or voice-only commentary), as it sounds echoey and picks up too much background noise. Get a pro mic or a headset. I use Turtle Beach PX-21 headphones and as you can hear the audio is crisp and clear :)
PX21's are what I use too :)

yea you also want to make sure there are no pops in your audio so make sure when using a headset to have the mic part not extremely close to your face or for a desktop mic to have a pop filter.

so if you are on youtube and want to record some gameplay for your channel i would not recommend anything that records under 720p. this includes a dazzel, easy cap, roxio and many more capture devices i see many people using. Instead i'd recommend using either an hdpvr or an elgato game capture HD. Hope this helps!

Roxio HD Pro is awesome and works good. Your argument is invalid.

the normal roxio isn't real 720p it is upscalled 720p which is not the same quality

It's still very good quality in my opinion. I do recommend the HD PRO over the normal one, but that's because the HD PRO also records Wii, Wii U, Ps2 etc. But quality isn't bad for the normal Roxio.

It's still very good quality in my opinion. I do recommend the HD PRO over the normal one, but that's because the HD PRO also records Wii, Wii U, Ps2 etc. But quality isn't bad for the normal Roxio.
yea it's definitely better quality than the dazzle xD

Back