what not to use when recording gameplay

MLGCodcaster

The most intense youtuber ever! xD
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
so if you are on youtube and want to record some gameplay for your channel i would not recommend anything that records under 720p. this includes a dazzel, easy cap, roxio and many more capture devices i see many people using. Instead i'd recommend using either an hdpvr or an elgato game capture HD. Hope this helps!

EDIT: for pc i'dd recommend fraps dxtory or bandicam(full version not the free one)

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Also try not to use your built-in mic (that goes for face-cam cameras, or voice-only commentary), as it sounds echoey and picks up too much background noise. Get a pro mic or a headset. I use Turtle Beach PX-21 headphones and as you can hear the audio is crisp and clear :)

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Also try not to use your built-in mic (that goes for face-cam cameras, or voice-only commentary), as it sounds echoey and picks up too much background noise. Get a pro mic or a headset. I use Turtle Beach PX-21 headphones and as you can hear the audio is crisp and clear :)
PX21's are what I use too :)

Reactions: Frankie Turner

MLGCodcaster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
yea you also want to make sure there are no pops in your audio so make sure when using a headset to have the mic part not extremely close to your face or for a desktop mic to have a pop filter.

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
so if you are on youtube and want to record some gameplay for your channel i would not recommend anything that records under 720p. this includes a dazzel, easy cap, roxio and many more capture devices i see many people using. Instead i'd recommend using either an hdpvr or an elgato game capture HD. Hope this helps!
Roxio HD Pro is awesome and works good. Your argument is invalid.

MLGCodcaster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Roxio HD Pro is awesome and works good. Your argument is invalid.
i meant the normal roxio not the pro or i would have said that be sure to read completely before posting!

MLGCodcaster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Normal Roxio also records above 720p
And I also used that one and was good either.
the normal roxio isn't real 720p it is upscalled 720p which is not the same quality

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
the normal roxio isn't real 720p it is upscalled 720p which is not the same quality
It's still very good quality in my opinion. I do recommend the HD PRO over the normal one, but that's because the HD PRO also records Wii, Wii U, Ps2 etc. But quality isn't bad for the normal Roxio.

MLGCodcaster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
It's still very good quality in my opinion. I do recommend the HD PRO over the normal one, but that's because the HD PRO also records Wii, Wii U, Ps2 etc. But quality isn't bad for the normal Roxio.
yea it's definitely better quality than the dazzle xD