What Is YouTube Partner Promotion?

Ryan Bruton

Hey guys,

I was just looking through YouTube Analytics for some insight on my own channel, and noticed something I haven't seen before under "Traffic Sources".

The last two weeks I have been gaining a fair amount of views from something called 'YouTube Partner Promotion'! There is no question mark next this, and it is not a clickable link, but suddenly it has come into play with my channel and gaining me views. In fact, 34.4% of my views are coming from it since the date I was put on whatever it is, making it the biggest source of traffic over the last two weeks for my channel!

I'm struggling to find out anything about it, and I'm wondering if anyone here has any idea what this is and how it works?
It looks pretty promising and I hope I stay on it haha :)

Thanks!

Probably has to do with this:

Although now that basically anyone can be a partner, it probably does not have the same effect.

Last edited:
Thanks for that! I don't have that promotion tab under my channel settings?
Seems YouTube are actually promoting videos from smaller channels then, and didn't even inform me??
Almost too good to be true, are you getting many views out of it as well?

Thanks for that! I don't have that promotion tab under my channel settings?
Seems YouTube are actually promoting videos from smaller channels then, and didn't even inform me??
Almost too good to be true, are you getting many views out of it as well?

Hmm, maybe your videos are just getting featured and they are being referred as apart of the Partner Promotion program

Probably has to do with this:
Qtoe15R.png

Although now that basically anyone can be a partner, it probably does not have the same effect.
So you get the Promotion tab only as a partner to outside network AKA: RPM,Fullscreen etc.?

Back