What format do you usually export at?

Your video is getting compressed to hell, max YT bitrate is something like 4-5Mbps..not 16 :p
Save time and render it with lower bitrate?
You're telling me this is 4-5mbps :p?:
0ABkdGy.jpg

File Format:MOV
Codec: I HAVE NO CLUE
Video Bitrate (CBR OR VBR):NOT SURE WHERE TO FIND THIS INFO AT
Audio Bitrate:NOT SURE
Resolution:HD 720P 1280X720
Frame rate:30 FPS
Field Priority:HAVE NO CLUE
Do you export pre-rendered footage? Y/N: I WILL SAY NO I DONT THINK SO
my file format is a MP4

Your video is getting compressed to hell, max YT bitrate is something like 4-5Mbps..not 16 :p
Save time and render it with lower bitrate?
well its not being overly compressed but its getting way more bitrate than it needs!
I also suggest thatu at the very least halve the video bitrate.. -.-
unless u dont mind the extra space being wasted in ur video file...

From the things i've read, 14Mb bitrate will still look pretty much the same as if you upload a 8Mb/s one to youtube :p (I'm going to have to put that to the test myself..)

Pretty much but high motion content may show some differences.

Vimeo has changed its recommended hd bitrate to 20,000, or so i read recently

You're telling me this is 4-5mbps :p?:
Went up a bit but yea
https://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=1722171
Save some of dat poor CPU/disk space D:[DOUBLEPOST=1366323465,1366323423][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pretty much but high motion content may show some differences.

Vimeo has changed its recommended hd bitrate to 20,000, or so i read recently
Wow really? Pretty nifty. Then again Vimeo is geared more towards pro users who might upload it 2K/4K etc

Oh, apparently it has no limit, just recommendations. The footage I've shot ranges anywhere from 8mbps to 40mbps (more the latter since I primarily use a Canon T3i now). So I think 16mbps is good. Don't want no compression!

Oh, apparently it has no limit, just recommendations. The footage I've shot ranges anywhere from 8mbps to 40mbps (more the latter since I primarily use a Canon T3i now). So I think 16mbps is good. Don't want no compression!
Disregard what I said, i'm an idiot >.>
Need to read more down the page! Last time I checked it was a lot lower..heh

Disregard what I said, i'm an idiot >.>
Need to read more down the page! Last time I checked it was a lot lower..heh
Haha, don't worry man :p

On the subject of formats... what do you usually capture your footage at/with? I use a Canon T3i so I get .mov files with about 40mbps video rate and 320kbps audio

Haha, don't worry man :p

On the subject of formats... what do you usually capture your footage at/with? I use a Canon T3i so I get .mov files with about 40mbps video rate and 320kbps audio
I do Let's Play's mainly, so not as relevant? Uncompressed Dxtroy/fraps footage is 40Mb/50Mb/s for me.
Footage we record in college is around 15Mb/s to 25Mb/s, could go a bit higher but don't want to have ti wait even longer for the macs to render :p

Back