What are your biggest roadblocks?

For me I've gotten into a rhythm of shooting, editing, and uploading, so it's not a huge problem for me anymore. The biggest roadblock for me when I first started though was that I was EXTREMELY nervous in front of the camera, and it was hard to convince myself to shoot a new video.
Absolutely the number one thing is time. I don't appear on camera so I don't have that issue. I remember checking out your channel, and you sir have talent, so keep it up!!

I have been thinking of switching the format of my videos, several have suggested that I move to a different set up where people can see me as they think this will be better, but I don't have the equipment nor setup.

Anyways biggest roadblock is time, for sure!

I don't think procrastination is a problem from me as I love making videos.[DOUBLEPOST=1416464255,1416464122][/DOUBLEPOST]
1. First it was getting started. But now I finally have my channel up and running.

1. My equipment. My camera doesn't have a flip out screen and I can't play the footage on the camera so I have to connect it to a computer to watch it only to find out that I framed the shot wrong or the lighting was bad or something. I think I'm going to a buy a new camera with a flip out screen soon, it will save me sooooooo much time. My laptop headphone jack doesn't work so I can only edit at times when the house is quiet. I spent $300 on all my video equipment which I thought was smart because I have to pay for everything with my own money. I really do get jealous of those 12 year olds with t3i's and macbooks.

2. Finding time. I am in school and not doing so hot in my classes and my parents want me to keep my grades up and so they get mad if I doing YouTube and not homework. I also work and that takes up a lot of my time. It is just hard because whenever I do YouTube my parents get mad and think I could be doing something better with my time.

3. My expectations. I have been watching YouTube since 2008 and I have taken video classes since 2010. I know what I am doing and know what good video looks like. But due to my lack of experience, equipment, and money, my videos don't live up to my expectations. I have taken video classes for four years but I never spent time talking to a camera or actually doing all the work myself. So it is hard because I know what good work is but I can't get there.

But I'm excited because I have over month of no school for Christmas break in December and I plan on buying a better camera with flip out screen in a few weeks so maybe I can get over these roadblocks. Wow, this felt good to get off my chest, I just had some thoughts and started typing but it felt good.
I have seen your videos and honestly I was seriously impressed. I can't believe how good they are. I don't know a lot about making videos as I have never taken a class but your videos came across as very professional and just, well, good.

The fact they do not live up to your expectations is shocking, I think they are great:)

I have seen your videos and honestly I was seriously impressed. I can't believe how good they are. I don't know a lot about making videos as I have never taken a class but your videos came across as very professional and just, well, good.

The fact they do not live up to your expectations is shocking, I think they are great:)

Thank you. Maybe I set my expectations too high.

Yttalk - I just start editing a new movie than come here to check what's new and finally I end up writing and answering to threads.
Curse you yttalk! :)

When it comes to music I lack inspiration from my surroundings. Generally, lack of time and lack of resources.

I have some great ideas for videos and would like to be able to write more music but I haven't been in the right state of mind for it. Having a full time job makes it impossible to film during the day (especially during the winter) and I have no filmmaker\youtuber friends close enough to work on stuff together. That's why I'm really looking forward to Playlist this weekend and hoping my anxiety doesn't hold me back from meeting people.

Motivation. As much as I love making videos, sometimes the audio of a file gets off sync with the video or some other video ruining bug happens and I just flip out a bit. I try to post a video every day (and so far I have), but when a little video that's only going to get 20-50 views takes hours to produce because of glitches, I lose motivation really fast.

the only thing is i feel weird doing videos with my brother and parents in the house so i wait until i have the house to myself and record like 3 or 4 videos in that period if i can i am probably the only one like that

School xD
The homework just piles up.
This is a big constraint for me when I'm making videos as it reduces my time significantly.

Back