What are your biggest roadblocks?

CynicalRainbows

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Ranter
So for those of you, like me, who aren't making videos as often as they should, what are your biggest roadblocks and setbacks in creating new content?

For me it's a combination of time, motivation, and other projects.
I work full-time 10 hour days, so I don't often have a lot of time to myself to shoot and edit videos. The only problem is because I'm so busy that when I do have a large chunk of free-time, the last thing I want to do is spend the time editing anything.
On top of that, I've started a podcast with a friend a couple months ago, so now any of the time I do have to do any kind of production work is spent on that instead of my personal channel.

Azren the Language Nerd

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me I've gotten into a rhythm of shooting, editing, and uploading, so it's not a huge problem for me anymore. The biggest roadblock for me when I first started though was that I was EXTREMELY nervous in front of the camera, and it was hard to convince myself to shoot a new video.

Reactions: CynicalRainbows

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Getting all the required equipment was the hardest bit. I'm a perfectionist and tried make videos with sub par stuff and it bugged the hell out of me. So three cameras, new computer, new microphone and proper editing software means I'm here now! I should be doing university work but making videos takes all my time so I should really work on my balancing!

konisbored

YTtalk's Anti-Boredom Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So for those of you, like me, who aren't making videos as often as they should, what are your biggest roadblocks and setbacks in creating new content?

For me it's a combination of time, motivation, and other projects.
I work full-time 10 hour days, so I don't often have a lot of time to myself to shoot and edit videos. The only problem is because I'm so busy that when I do have a large chunk of free-time, the last thing I want to do is spend the time editing anything.
On top of that, I've started a podcast with a friend a couple months ago, so now any of the time I do have to do any kind of production work is spent on that instead of my personal channel.
My biggest roadblock is procrestination. I tend to delay doing things till the last minute.

CoolMoo5

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1. First it was getting started. But now I finally have my channel up and running.

1. My equipment. My camera doesn't have a flip out screen and I can't play the footage on the camera so I have to connect it to a computer to watch it only to find out that I framed the shot wrong or the lighting was bad or something. I think I'm going to a buy a new camera with a flip out screen soon, it will save me sooooooo much time. My laptop headphone jack doesn't work so I can only edit at times when the house is quiet. I spent $300 on all my video equipment which I thought was smart because I have to pay for everything with my own money. I really do get jealous of those 12 year olds with t3i's and macbooks.

2. Finding time. I am in school and not doing so hot in my classes and my parents want me to keep my grades up and so they get mad if I doing YouTube and not homework. I also work and that takes up a lot of my time. It is just hard because whenever I do YouTube my parents get mad and think I could be doing something better with my time.

3. My expectations. I have been watching YouTube since 2008 and I have taken video classes since 2010. I know what I am doing and know what good video looks like. But due to my lack of experience, equipment, and money, my videos don't live up to my expectations. I have taken video classes for four years but I never spent time talking to a camera or actually doing all the work myself. So it is hard because I know what good work is but I can't get there.

But I'm excited because I have over month of no school for Christmas break in December and I plan on buying a better camera with flip out screen in a few weeks so maybe I can get over these roadblocks. Wow, this felt good to get off my chest, I just had some thoughts and started typing but it felt good.

CynicalRainbows

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Ranter
3. My expectations. I have been watching YouTube since 2008 and I have taken video classes since 2010. I know what I am doing and know what good video looks like. But due to my lack of experience, equipment, and money, my videos don't live up to my expectations. I have taken video classes for four years but I never spent time talking to a camera or actually doing all the work myself. So it is hard because I know what good work is but I can't get there.
Oh man this is definitely the biggest one for me

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Focus. I want to do too many things at once!

Reactions: IsntChrisL