VOTM Winner March 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
those results are really wierd so basically hardly anyone voted lol. I think maybe this needs a rework somehow there are a lot more entries then votes and it looks like most of the entrants didn't vote because they could not vote for themselves and didnt want to give the vote to someone else.

It seems like the only way to get more votes right now is to restrict the amount of entries and randomly pick a few using a virtual hat. That way everyone can still enter but theres no guarantee of a place in the voting but still a good chance, 10/30 you still have a decent chance.

Crud, I never congratulated the winner... CONGRATS!!!!
--- merged: Apr 2, 2012 4:54 PM ---
those results are really wierd so basically hardly anyone voted lol. I think maybe this needs a rework somehow there are a lot more entries then votes and it looks like most of the entrants didn't vote because they could not vote for themselves and didnt want to give the vote to someone else.
I wonder, not sure how it would work, but some kind of system where you can't have your video in the entries without having voted... and not voting for yourself.

Perhaps someone could write the program? lol

You enter you videos, and then on the week of voting, if you do not vote your video gets removed. If someone had voted for you, they are notified that they must revote.

Is this even possible? just an idea.

Its possible but not something I could do :( To get someone to custom code that for us we would be looking at a few hundred dollars unfortunately.

what if it was like a tournament bracket thing? like final-four style, make 2 brackets of videos, then after a 1 week period half of the videos are eliminated based on votes. Then voting stays open for another week where it is broken down to 2-4, then a 3 days period for the final round of voting or something. That way if your eliminated you can still vote for your friends or whoever you would like to win after every round. It would make it more fun imo

what if it was like a tournament bracket thing? like final-four style, make 2 brackets of videos, then after a 1 week period half of the videos are eliminated based on votes. Then voting stays open for another week where it is broken down to 2-4, then a 3 days period for the final round of voting or something. That way if your eliminated you can still vote for your friends or whoever you would like to win after every round. It would make it more fun imo

Ive considered this but it is too much maintenance for a competition that should be made as simple as possible both for those entering and myself to run each month, its currently divided into three threads, this would over complicate it, I know it seems like the only way to get around these issues but I would prefer not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back